Brew I Put Down - Neils Bastardised Centenarillo

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent, I'm still yet to try steeping grains. Don't understand that yet but intend on researching it ASAP

I see you are in WA maybe Nev at Gryphon Brewing would be closer and more convenient. (awaiting revamp to his website ).

Well just finished this brew. Smells very nice. 6 L 30 min boil as per recipe but was wondering a few things. I used Nottingham yeast rehydrated and it smelled sickly. Never used it before see how it goes and also the last lot of hops in at 10 min. All other brews I've done I've put the last lot of hops in at flameout. Any explanation. Cheers guys.
Chris

Also OG was only 1046 not 50-60 as recipe suggest cheers

Well just finished this brew. Smells very nice. 6 L 30 min boil as per recipe but was wondering a few things. I used Nottingham yeast rehydrated and it smelled sickly. Never used it before see how it goes and also the last lot of hops in at 10 min. All other brews I've done I've put the last lot of hops in at flameout. Any explanation. Cheers guys.
Chris

Also OG was only 1046 not 50-60 as recipe suggest cheers

I've got just over a couple of weeks till I crack my first grolsch bottle full of it.. I cant wait. Hope it turns out as good as people say!

Couldnt help myself and cracked one the other night. It was good. Little bit sweet, and head retention was up the shit, still a little cloudy. I know , it had only been bottled for a week and you will all be crying out ... "leave it for a month or two". I couldnt help myself. Im guessing with a bit longer the sweetness will subside the head retention will improve and i will get a bit more 'bitterness' into the flavour.

Im the type of person who cant take your 'word for it' ive gotta try it my self to see .

The sweetness you are tasting is probably just the priming sugar as depending on the storage temperature after a week it might not have finished the secondary ferment (carbonation). I know what you mean by testing a bottle as soon as, we are all guilty of doing it.
find the last two bottles of a batch taste so good you wish you had waited.

find the last two bottles of a batch taste so good you wish you had waited.

aint that the truth :beerbang:

just gotta keep brewing so i get far enough ahead to let em sit for a half dozen months before i get up to it.

Latest posts

Back