Brew Enhancer #62

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddy401

Reaction score
hi,
i just bought 1k of brew enhancer #62, the 'czech pilsner beer enhancer' - says its made from malt extract, hops, maltodextrin, dextrose. im just wondering has anyone used this before? if so what else would you add? and does anyone know the amounts of the ingredients in this?

Hi Twardo,
I think brewcraft keeps the details of contents pretty close to their chests, i've only seen enhancers 10 and 15 estimated on here.
What are you using as the kit and what yeast?
Lodan

The enhancer has everything needed for the style... I would just make it up and add no more..

Cheers

i was gonna go get a coopers pilsner kit, and as far as yeast goes ill have to go get some more - i have saf ale 04, and of course the kit yeast, what would you reccommend?

and any idea what the alcohol %would be with just the brew enhancer?
Hi Twardo,
I think brewcraft keeps the details of contents pretty close to their chests, i've only seen enhancers 10 and 15 estimated on here.
What are you using as the kit and what yeast?
Lodan

I recommend using the kit yeast. The kit yeast is a genuine lager strain (pilsners are made with a lager yeast) S04 is an english ale yeast. If you can control the ferment to around 12degC you should be good with the kit yeast.

Without knowing the exact contents of the enhancer it is hard to say what percentage you will get. Assuming that it contains 500g dex, 250g malt and 250g maltodextrin you should get around 4% in the bottle.

Back