Brew doco on TV today - Neil Morrissey's Risky Business

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feldon

caveat brasiator
Reaction score
FYI

SBS 1 is repeating this three-part series starting today at 2:00pm (Melb time - check TV guides for other locations/times).

[SIZE=medium]Neil Morrissey's Risky Business[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]2:00pm - 3:00pm[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Classified:pG[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Genre:Documentary[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Repeat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Actor Neil Morrissey and his best mate, chef Richard Fox, have a dream: to open up their own pub and microbrewery, produce their own beer and then get it into every supermarket in the country. There's just one problem: Neither of them has ever brewed a drop of ale in their lives. This three-part series follows these two likely lads over six months as they try to make their pipedream a reality. In the first episode, Neil and Richard try to find the perfect pub, brew up their first beer and put their home-brew to the test.[/SIZE]

NOT a good series if you expect to learn anything. They obviously don't know what they're doing & it's only because of their celebrity that they've got the cash to put-up & then get their feet in the door of a supermarket chain (to get their product on the shelves). It's more about the label than the contents of the bottles.

I haven't seen this and heard mixed reviews also.

I'll watch it this arvo. Hope its good.

thanks for the heads up, I just set it to record using my phone from 100km away from home. Technology hey?

It's watchable just for the cringe factor.They brewed 1 single batch of what they considered decent beer and believed they could become successful commercial brewers.Totally head in hands embarrassment,but worth a look.

It is painful to watch...

Painful but I'm enjoying it more knowing that the venture was a complete failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnC7Auqps-0

Here they are making their Christmas Ale.

My favourite part is where they are taking the OG. "That's it...That's 5.5%!"

I thought his lap dog stole the show.

Latest posts

Back