Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drew9242

Reaction score
Had a bit of time during my brewday today, so i took some pictures of me setup and process. All is going well at this stage which is boiling. I am trying to make a ESB.

Consisting of:
Pale Malt 96%
Caraaroma 2.5%
Dark Crystal 1.5%

Northern Brewer 60min 16 IBU
EK Goldings 20min 9 IBU
EK Goldings 0min 1g/L

Wyeast 1469

This is my first attempt at an ESB so we will see how it turns out and learn from all my mistakes

DSC01506.JPG

DSC01508.JPG

That pick up looks high Drew, do you get much waste? ESB is IMO about the easiest beer to make. Your recipe looks good, I would have more english crystal and more IBU`S, not sure what the cararoma is all about?

Love the 'Cinderella' beer shoe glass!

Some nice clear wort there too.

That pick up looks high Drew, do you get much waste? ESB is IMO about the easiest beer to make. Your recipe looks good, I would have more english crystal and more IBU`S, not sure what the cararoma is all about?

The famous smurto TTL clone is just caraaroma and Marris Otter. AFAIK caraaroma is the darkest of the crystals. Adds some colour and a nice hint of raisin. I love it

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=40993

Yea it is quite high. But because it is a keg it is as low as it can go. What i do is just tilt the keg over when it gets closer to the end. And i usally have about 2-3L of trub left. Which is a little less then the wort that is in that photo. And because it was my first one i didn't overdo it on the crystal. But i will see how it turns out and go from there. Im still in the learning stages of brewing my own recipes. But the good thing is any beer you make is always drinkable.

Raven: I got that glass from ducksteins in Maragret River. Bought the glass for 18 buks and they filled it up with beer.

Latest posts

Back