Brendo's Ag Cherry Popper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehehe... problem is I have given him status reports along the way and he actually came and helped me brew them (was great to have a mash tun b#tch cleaner ) so he knows they are all good.

It doesn't mean I can't take judicious 'quality assurance samples' :ph34r:

Brendo

Yes I get your point Brendo. Surely a pint sampler daily, as you know how fast beer can turn on ya, is more than an acceptable practice. In fact I think it's in the BJCP guidelines?

:ph34r: Although I reckon it would be p$ss funny to get to MT cleaner b#tch's b'day (sooo lucky to have one of 'em BTW) let him pour beer #1, when he goes for beer #2 the keg blows, just look at him sheepishly, strug your shoulders, telling him it was pouring fine yesterday. (don't know the guy but I guess he has a sense of humour)

Yes I get your point Brendo. Surely a pint sampler daily, as you know how fast beer can turn on ya, is more than an acceptable practice. In fact I think it's in the BJCP guidelines?

:ph34r: Although I reckon it would be p$ss funny to get to MT cleaner b#tch's b'day (sooo lucky to have one of 'em BTW) let him pour beer #1, when he goes for beer #2 the keg blows, just look at him sheepishly, strug your shoulders, telling him it was pouring fine yesterday. (don't know the guy but I guess he has a sense of humour)

hehehe... yeah that would be pretty funny... I think he would see the funny side of it for about 30 seconds until the realisation that it now means there is no beer!!

Having a mash tun b!tch was good... but a bit of an unusual luxury methinks...

Brendo,

Great stuff with it all turning out OK.

Another Big brew day this weekend with the club brewers..

Mate, there is no stopping you now.. :icon_cheers:

Reg

Brendo,

Great stuff with it all turning out OK.

Another Big brew day this weekend with the club brewers..

Mate, there is no stopping you now.. :icon_cheers:

Reg

yeah... looking forward to checking out the process some of the other guys use. The fella I am helping is a fly sparger, so that will be interesting for me to look at compared to batch sparging.

Brendo

*edit: speeling...

The fella I am helping is a fly sparger, so that will be interesting for me to look at compared to batch sparging.

Fly Sparging scares me. I know its far superior as you are constantly rinsing the grain over 'infusing it' but i just don't want to take that step and have to bother with getting my systemin check again. Having a consistent brewhourse eff of 70% recently (possibly due to water additions) also gives me no reason to want to jump ship anytime soon either.

Let us know how it goes Brendo, see if it turns you to the 'darker side'. :ph34r:

Fly Sparging scares me. I know its far superior as you are constantly rinsing the grain over 'infusing it' but i just don't want to take that step and have to bother with getting my systemin check again. Having a consistent brewhourse eff of 70% recently (possibly due to water additions) also gives me no reason to want to jump ship anytime soon either.

Let us know how it goes Brendo, see if it turns you to the 'darker side'. :ph34r:

Yeah, I am interested in seeing the process - don't expect to necessarily get converted. It's interesting as I was actually talking to him this morning on the train - he has never batch sparged.

Tis all about what you know and your comfort levels... interesting nonetheless though.

You should come check out the brewday Fourstar if you are just hanging around.

Brendo

hehehe... yeah that would be pretty funny... I think he would see the funny side of it for about 30 seconds until the realisation that it now means there is no beer!!

Having a mash tun b!tch was good... but a bit of an unusual luxury methinks...

Hey, congrats Brendo,

I've got some photos of that second day. I can easily edit Cory out. We can then launch a campaign denying his presence, convincing his friends and colleagues he's delirious. Also, since I know his neighbours, I could get them to say he was with them all day.
Those brews are as good as yours. Just say the word. ;)

By the way, damn you. Damn you to that firey pit below. I've said some things and thought some other things - long story short, I am investigating AG set-ups and my father-in-law is gonna build it.

Hey, congrats Brendo,

I've got some photos of that second day. I can easily edit Cory out. We can then launch a campaign denying his presence, convincing his friends and colleagues he's delirious. Also, since I know his neighbours, I could get them to say he was with them all day.
Those brews are as good as yours. Just say the word. ;)

By the way, damn you. Damn you to that firey pit below. I've said some things and thought some other things - long story short, I am investigating AG set-ups and my father-in-law is gonna build it.

:D who... little ol' me???

Never....

Brendo

Back