Brendo's Ag Cherry Popper

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brendo

Tap-whore
Reaction score
The last couple of months have been spent erecting a shed, getting the AG gear set up, ready to go. Have been pretty much ready to go the last few weeks, but life keeps getting in the way.

But no more... it is finally here - #1 All Grain Brew Day.

Going to fire up the HLT and mill the grian in a few minutes (yep you guessed it - Smurto's Golden Ale) and get this bad boy on the run.

Will post back later with some piccies and a run down on how it went.

To quote the great man - Big Kev, "I'm EXCITED!!!"

Cheers,

Brendo

Awesome - Good luck :beerbang:
Will keep an eye on the thread for progress
Cheers
Sully

On ya Brendo. Relax and enjoy mate.

Sounds like you've been a very busy brewer erecting sheds and seting up AG gear. A mill already? You don't stuff around Brendo.

Like Sully I will keep an eye on this thread. Post how your going when you can kinda thing.

Wrapped for you mate! :icon_cheers:

Congrats Brendo :icon_cheers:

Amazes me how many brewers can talk the AG talk yet havnt actually taken the plunge, like Supra Jim I sorta just assumed you were allready doing AG :beerbang:

I know it shall all go well with all your research over the past number of months on AHB!

So many of us have had our AG cherry popped by Dr S's GA... a great drop.

Have a good one Brendo, hope yours goes as well as mine yesterday.
Got mine bubbling away in the fermenter now.
Relax, enjoy the day and then enjoy a couple of cold ones while you do the clean up :icon_chickcheers:

Nige

Good on ya Brendo, so many so early this year have taken the plunge into AG... :beerbang:

Day off today so ill be watching closely for updates..

And since your doing Drs Golden Ale, im starting a poll..

Good stuff Brendo
A dedicated brewing shed no less

Sure all will go well :icon_chickcheers:

Hope all goes well mate and remember relax and have fun :beerbang:

good stuff brendo , take it easy and dont panic , and dont drink too much while ya brewing

ok... so first update - just doughed in - hit target temp of 66 bang on... piece of piss :icon_cheers:

great malty smells in the shed now... sweet as.

Will post some pics up shortly.

Brendo

Loving the dedicated Beer Shed and piccies mate.

Bang up job on the stand and setup too.

Maybe install a splash guard between laptop and brewery! :lol:

Good periodic table there too.... wouldve made scholl/uni science subjects so much more interesting if that was the one I had to study ;)

Good one, nice pics, all must be relaxed hey, plenty in between time in this AG caper..

Just out of interest, is your shed just a Garden Shed? What size? They would be perfect and not cost much... :icon_cheers:

OK... update time...

Have finished the mash and sparge.

Hit my pre boil target (well actually just over) 1040, however I have ended up with more water than I thought (losses in the mash tun were minimal).

Will wait and see what the losses out of the kettle are like - but so far so good, almost at boil so looking good.

The only thing that has gone wrong is I just dropped my thermometer - fortuntately I only bought it to calibrate my dial thermometers (which are accurate) - so luckily I don't have to rely on them.

More pics up for those who are interested.

Cheers,

Brendo

Good one, nice pics, all must be relaxed hey, plenty in between time in this AG caper..

Just out of interest, is your shed just a Garden Shed? What size? They would be perfect and not cost much... :icon_cheers:

Hey Clean Brewer - yep it is a garden shed - 3 x 3m. Pretty good size really, still need to get a work bench in here and get a bit more organised, but plenty big enough - especially since as I explained to SWMBO - the only thing that is going in that shed is the brew gear.

Plenty of time to chill doing this... just brief bouts of activity, interspersed with waiting and cleaning. Pretty much what I expected.

Brendo

Love the dedicated shed Brendo. Purpose built man cave/brewery all you need now is foxtel and a 42" plasma...

Glad to hear all is well with your brew day.

Loving the dedicated Beer Shed and piccies mate.

Bang up job on the stand and setup too.

Maybe install a splash guard between laptop and brewery! :lol:

Good periodic table there too.... wouldve made scholl/uni science subjects so much more interesting if that was the one I had to study ;)

Thanks mate - although I can't take the credit for the rig itself - bought off a retiring brewer. Pretty good set up, although there are a few things I will be looking at changing in the not too distant future.

Cheers,

Brendo

Latest posts

Back