Braumeister V 3 Vessel System Smack Down

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bada Bing Brewery

Reaction score
Hello all. I have done around 30 BIAB's now and am thinking of moving to something new. Don't get me wrong, I love the BIAB but as with most things I want to keep evolving. I've seen the Braumeister 'youtubes' and am wondering what the general thoughts are (and yes I have read the threads).
If the cash and space were not a limiting factor what would you go for and why?
Also what can a 3V system do that a braumeister cannot?
Any help appreciated
Cheers
BBB

If I had the spare cash I would go for a 3V Beer Belly 40L Turnkey HERMS system. As you know I've only brewed with 3V and don't think I would change in a hurry. The good thing about me and 3V is I often do double brew days were I make 2x 20-30L batches of different beer. Being able to over lap brews, one mashing and one boiling, gets the brews out a bit faster. HERMS is the next upgrade but the beer tastes good enough for now. Maybe we will see what Julia gives me back at Tax Time.

Drew

I'm pretty well sold on braumeister the 50l one. Just waiting to move back to oz.

if I started again I think the braumeister would be ideal, what I like about my 3v at the moment is that I do 60 ltr batches, that way I can limit the amount of time I need to brew (I started BIAB and only went to 3v for double batches, then adding the herms allowed me to do triples in the 80 ltr kettle)

Thanks guys. I should add I am not looking to do big brews as I dont share well with others <_< . If I did go down the Braumeister route it would probably be the 20L version, I do about a corney in a week or two. Keep the comments coming ...
Cheers
BBB

Are there any 3V brewers who have gone to a Braumeister or the other way around? Interested in all opinions on this.
Cheers
BBB

Are there any 3V brewers who have gone to a Braumeister or the other way around? Interested in all opinions on this.
Cheers
BBB

yambor44 sold his 3V Brustus 10 & purchased the 50l Braumeister. Send him a PM, he sounds pretty chuffed with his new toy.
I would love to get one simply for the auto step mashing & single vessel. The only thing I don't like is the 15A circuit requirement.
It's a bit hard when renting & getting one installed in a rented premises may prove to be a bit challenging, depending on the landlord of course.
I am almost finished my 3V Herms but am sick of trying to get things done with plumbers, gas fitters, electricians & welders. It really sucks not being able to do much myself. Buying a complete system is what I like best & if I had my time over again, I would definately get one.

Thanks Crusty and yes I have seen yambor44's youtube stuff. I am really glad he also showed how the cleaning process went. I was a bit worried about that. I'm a bit handy but the turnkey stuff is appealing. The 20L is a 10 amp so no worries there.
Cheers
BBB

edit - I liked his brewing soundtrack ....

Hi BBB

I am sure I read somewhere that Bluetongue Brewery are using one of these for their in house beer development. If this is true, then that is a good testiment to the equipment.

I am interested in learning more about the BM myself, so am interested to read about any findings you make.

Matt.

Hello all. I have done around 30 BIAB's now and am thinking of moving to something new. Don't get me wrong, I love the BIAB but as with most things I want to keep evolving. I've seen the Braumeister 'youtubes' and am wondering what the general thoughts are (and yes I have read the threads).
If the cash and space were not a limiting factor what would you go for and why?
Also what can a 3V system do that a braumeister cannot?
Any help appreciated
Cheers
BBB

Matt - I don't know if you ever get up to Brisbane (true capital of the NSW North Coast) :p but there's a big HB convention thingo going to happen here in November, and it looks like there could be a brew wars day happening with a BM, BIAB (moi), HERMS, threepot etc etc.
Bit far from Geraldton of course for the OP, but a good opportunity to see a BM in action.

Matt - I don't know if you ever get up to Brisbane (true capital of the NSW North Coast) :p but there's a big HB convention thingo going to happen here in November, and it looks like there could be a brew wars day happening with a BM, BIAB (moi), HERMS, threepot etc etc.
Bit far from Geraldton of course for the OP, but a good opportunity to see a BM in action.

Thanks Bribie G,

Who is running the convention & where can further information be found. Now if there was a B3-2050 rig I would be interested in seeing that as well.

Matt.

As far as I understood it we will all be meeting at Bacchus for the actual brew day. The beers (at this stage it looks like a Klsch will be the go) will then be presented at the conference for comparison. I will be brewing on the Braumeister.

Latest posts

Back