Braumeister - Tips & Tricks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how easy it would be to make something similar

It wouldn't have to be out of copper though surely?

Would have thought Aluminium would have been cheaper than copper

Cheers

Wobbly

help needed!
trying to bulk up the abv with dry extract but never used it before. should I add it with ten mins to go in the boil or staight in the fermentor with a bit of boiling water before i add the wort?

help needed!
trying to bulk up the abv with dry extract but never used it before. should I add it with ten mins to go in the boil or staight in the fermentor with a bit of boiling water before i add the wort?
Unless you have some premium DME I wouldn't add it. 15min in the boil to sterilise will do it otherwise.

No need to sterilise DME it is fine just drop it into the fermenter but don't use boiling water or it will clump like maltesers.

Not sure why you are adding DME to a BM brew must be pretty full on.

only got the 20l and am aiming for a 8 or 9% belgian. read all about doing twin batches but don't have time....
Should I make some candi sugar instead of using the extract and adding to fermentor after a few days once the yeast has got going?

only got the 20l and am aiming for a 8 or 9% belgian. read all about doing twin batches but don't have time....
i should make some candi sugar instead of using the extract and add to fermentor after a few days once the yeast has got going.

High gravity belgians typically have between 15-30% sugar. Some here advocate adding the sugar in portions after primary or about day four.
For me i would just add dex or sugar for goldens or trippels and the dark belgian syrup for dubbels.
Cheers
sean

I added 500 grams in the boiler start of boil the other day to an ipa just cause I felt like it. I stuffed up sparge amount if I got it correct would of been 25l at 1.062. Will wait and see if it affects taste. I think large amounts of dme may alter the taste quite a bit

Anyone managed to make a copper pickup tube for the 20l model?

I just did a dopple bock on the BM, added the DME after it had sat in the fermenter for a few days, turned out just fine.

Anyone managed to make a copper pickup tube for the 20l model?

Yep got a prototype going. No pics but basically 20mm length of thick sillicon tubing from sponsors stuck into back of valve on outlet and stuck a bent SS pickup into it and between the element. Sealed well and worked OK but flow was slowwwww as the bend needs to be quite a small radius.

Mark is a busy man though not sure he has had time to make more I enquirered a while ago

Mark is a busy man though not sure he has had time to make more I enquirered a while ago

I was in there last week & he had about a dozen. Should still have some.

Thanks to everyone for the great info in this thread. After a lot of deliberating I finaly decided to take advantage of the G&G sale on at the moment and buy myself a 20ltr Braumiester. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Back