• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Sold Braumeister 50L + extras ($600)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tet

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Overview: looking to sell my 50L Braumeister which includes a number of addons not included with the base system. Allows you to brew both ~20L and ~40L batch sizes. I'm the second owner and have had it for 5 years. Would be suitable for a brewer looking to get started into all-grain and not wishing to outlay the significant $$ for a new unit.

Reason for Selling: The old back ain't what it used to be and lifting this unit to fully drain is taking its toll. So looking to move to a new unit that will allow full draining with no lifting.

Inclusions:
  • 50L base unit with automatic control unit, two low-density heating elements, and two pumps (see note towards the end of this post regarding one of the pumps)
  • 50L and 20L malt pipes
  • Standard bottom & top plates and filters
  • Bac Brewing yield increase disk with 1.5mm filter (allows you to squeeze 7.4KG of grain in the 20L malt pipe or 16KG grain in the 50L malt pipe)
  • Bac Brewing 1.5mm filter
  • Insulating jacket
  • Kegland 10 amp pump (not pictured)
  • Kegland whirlpool arm (not pictured)
  • Kegland counterflow chiller (not pictured)
  • 5m long 15 amp extension cord
Price: Looking for $600. I think this is a pretty reasonable price for the various add-ons let alone the base unit. But open to reasonable offers.

Warranty: The unit is ~10 years old, so difficult for me to offer an extended warranty/guarantee. But if the unit suffers any issues within the first 3 months that render it non-functional (e.g., heating element fails), I'm willing to buy replacement parts up to the value of the purchase price.

Delivery: Pickup from Sydney (Inner West) is preferred but I would consider dropping it off within the Sydney metropolitan area if you get stuck.

Other Important Details:
  1. You will need a 15 amp powerpoint in order to operate this unit.
  2. One of the pumps works fine but the other pump seems to be operating at reduced power. This does not impact the performance of recirculation etc but is something to be aware of.
  3. I'm happy to host a pre-purchase brew day for those new to the being game that want to see the unit in action.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here or PM me.

Attachments

• BAC Brewing Disks.jpg
    BAC Brewing Disks.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Controller.jpg
    Controller.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Everything 2.jpg
    Everything 2.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Everything.jpg
    Everything.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Internal.jpg
    Internal.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Main Unit, Malt Pipes + Jacket.jpg
    Main Unit, Malt Pipes + Jacket.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 66
Hi everyone,

This has now been purchased.

Thanks to those who have shown an interest.

Tet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back