Braidwood Ale Brewing Project

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpy,

As for the hops he used..... ( I guess) fuggles in there big time.
I found quite high in bitterness in the finish, and fuggle in the aroma.

I guess there is no prize for guessing fuggle/ or Goldings in and English Bitter but ,yep thats what i taste.

:)

HBW I cant get over how clear my beer is Scott boiled it for two hours to overcome any chill haze .

What a good drop !!!!

Scottys policy seemed to be keep it simple and dont spend big on the yeast cerainly seemed to work

Pumpy

YUMMY@ :beerbang: . How long was it in the secondary for and what yeast did you use?

Two weeks @5C and WLP 002 English ale yeast

Pumpy

I was late to ferment mine as the fermentation fridge was busy... But it has been going for a week and samples are showing good signs.

I ended up pitching WLP 005 Brittish Ale. See how it turns out.

I have attached an article from the local paper too.

Cheers,
Jarrad :beer:

Braidwood_Article.JPG

Doc in the Orange he is a Nymphomaniac to a pile of malted Maris otter grain, and a camera . :)

hey theres me with the Tigers cap on !!!! :blink:

Pumpy

How did peoples ESB's turn out ?

I fermented mine a week later (had to get a fermenting fridge) with WLP017 Whitbread yeast, which should be similar to the suggested Safale S-04.

Not quiet as clear as I have heard of some of the beers. I also think I over carbonated it a little but not overly so.

Nice head, Hoppy aroma. I'm not sure of the hops used but not entirely to my taste. Still, very drinkable.

Agro.

I was very happy with my 'Braidwood' jobs.

I had two cubes, 1 with a liquid WL026 Premium Bitter fermented at 20C for about 8 days. Turned out quite nice, but i think it would have really improved with a little more cc , but hey i was thirsty !

No2. I used a Saf04 dry yeast, and i must say i was very impressed with the yeast and the beer.Fermented at 18C for 7days and 3 days at 1c then, kegged for a week........ and then into it ! Very clear like Pumpys, and very tasty ! Just had my last pint now :(

So a very happy chappy here, and i will keep some of that Saf yeast in stock for back-up when it may be needed.

Is the Milk Stout Brewday on ??, pity i cant make it, so i made a Stout today :) .

Hey Agro I overcarbonated mine too yet done it like all my brews .

HBW I am going to try the Safale S-04 iin my next English ale It seems a cheaper if it is good quality and seems to be the case .

You got yours going quick and drank two kegs already , I have one and half kegs to go ;) and six grolsch bottles for reserve .he! he!

Pumpy

Mines ready to go ...and UNTOUCHED !!!

1 x keg and 6 x 750ml bottles. The bottles are brilliantly clear, to look thru.

I am wondering if anyone has heard back from or been in touch with Scott about the Milk Stout day, scheduled for this week end. i know Randall was going to chase him up.
T

Tseay said:
I am wondering if anyone has heard back from or been in touch with Scott about the Milk Stout day, scheduled for this week end. i know Randall was going to chase him up.
T
[post="105851"][/post]​

Did the second Braidwood brewday happen this weekend ?

Beers,
Doc

I sent off an email back in Jan, but didnt get any response :(

Ditto here, no response. worked instead yesterday.

Yeah I'd also be very interested in another one.

Bazza

Tseay said:
Yeah, I can control the copy but not the headline. Who's that bloke who always seems to pop up whenever there's a camera around :D
[post="105740"][/post]​

He must have had an effect on the place....

Braidwood_20Old_20Doc.jpg

Back