Bowls And Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colonel

Reaction score
G'day folks.

I've recently started trying to teach myself lawnbowls, and could use all the help I can get!
If anyone in the melbourne western suburbs/bacchus marsh/ballarat areas want to combine bowling and homebrew, let me know.

Also, if anyone wants to give some online advice/ tips, feel free.

Cheers

Hmmm, might be time for the ...

FLIPPER
0.jpg

Unfortunately thats about as helpful as I can be but it sounds like a great idea.

Only advice I can give is bowls first then the homebrew. Unless you have a massive curve ball then homebrew first and bowls. :icon_cheers:

Small picture to the inside.

Imagine your arm is a pendulum. Let how far you bring your arm back determine how hard you roll it. Then let your arm swing through naturally. Don't try and push forward so much as pull back then let it swing through as you step forward.

Find a mark at the other end of the rink that you're aiming at. Once you get your line right, keep aiming there. Try not to change backhand to forehand too much while you're getting used to it.

All pretty basic stuff. I highly recommend getting to your local bowling club. Most clubs have coaches who are trained in teaching novices. My Pa has been doing it at Penrith for years. Got me to be a pennants player a few years ago.

Be careful with lawn bowls. Statistics show that its the most dangerous sport you can play - a higher percentage of bowls players die while playing than any other sport. :ph34r:

Cheers
Dave

Hmmm, might be time for the ...

FLIPPER
0.jpg

Unfortunately thats about as helpful as I can be but it sounds like a great idea.
Fantastic!
I've tried other sports, but I usually spill my beer.

would love too learn too lawn bowl , but its getting home after a session that prevents me ...lol

Latest posts

Back