Bottling Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanDiegoBrewer

Reaction score
I fermented an all grain beer that Barls and I did, I dry hopped it, so bottling time is in the next couple days. I want to drop more of the yeast and hops out but I don't have access to a fridge temps to drop all that stuff out. I was thinking about getting a plastic tub and putting the fermenter in it with cold ice water for a few hours. thats the first question. The second is should I use coopers carb drops/tabs or priming sugar solution? I am concerned that if I put the sugar in to the fermenter, since I don't have a bottling bucket, it will settle to the bottom and I will have to stir it in and then it will rouse up the yeast and sediment from the bottom of the fermenter. Any sweet suggestions? to get a clean beer but still consistent carbonation in each bottle. I've never been faced with these situations before haha.

A secondary vessel would make things easier for bottling. I would go a fixed measure of sugar in each bottle in lieu of the carb drops.

Any chilling with ice baths etc should help somewhat but it might be more effort than its worth! You would want to keep it chilled for at least 24 hours to get any benefit imho.

A cube/25L fermenter from bunnings is under $20 & another tap is $2. I'd go with that option.

Back