Bottling Day - Tastes Like Stale Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanga

Reaction score
So today was bottling day for my wheat braggot. I spent quite a bit of time and love (and money) on this baby. I kept the temps down, etc. When I bottled I couldn't taste much in the way of the late saaz, and none of the honey. It tasted a lot like stale west end. :unsure:

Please tell me it'll improve.

Ummm, it'll improve....???

:ph34r:

I don't know much about Braggots, but mead should usually not be tasted prior to being aged for 6 months, and then you should sit on it for another 6 months (tasting regularly) until you drink it.

Braqgots usually need a few months to come good.. from 3-6 depending on how much honey and what type.

It will improve.

Cheers
Dave

Good News. I had to re-bottle a couple of bottles (over primed) and tasted it as I did. Yum! The floral hops have come through, but that's nothing compared to the flavour of the honey. Mmmmm - nom! I can't wait until this is ready.

It will come good. i did the same with a stout i bottled last week. it will come good. good luck and have fun. beer making is an art

Latest posts

Back