Bottle Washer Help

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finite

All Grain Gremlin
Reaction score
Hey guys im wracking my brain to work out a solution to this problem. I figured as I contemplate it I may as well involve the creative minds of the aussie HB comunity.

I was reading a post that was posted last week or so about a bottle washer that TidalPete made up.

http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...bottle%20washer

I thought it was such a good idea that when I was at Bunnings today I got all the irrigation bits to make one.

I got home and drilled the holes with a hole saw drill bit (8 in total) and conected the irrigation system to test. It all looks good. Tomorrow im going to build the rest of it and finish the job.

However I was thinking it would be really cool if i could have a way to adapt something which would alow me to mix in a non rinse sanitiser into the water so i could give them all one hit to be ready for priming. I just cant think of a way that i could do that an get the ratio of sanitizer to water correct. I would like to be able to do it without mixing up a batch and pumping it in or something. Im thinking something like a reservoir which would mix into the water but i have no idea how i would get the ratio correct.

Can anyone offer some insight?

P.S: kegging will come but, is to costly atm and i dont have the room.

Try and adapt something like they have with thise Turbo Washers a reguled canister.
Cheers
PJ

Yep thats the type of thing im talking about. Question is where would I find something even remotley like it? :)

Finite,
You could simply fill your apparatus with sanitiser by gravity, then push it through with water from the hose at mains pressure for a few seconds. Other alternatives are a cheap air-compressor or tire pump/

cheers

darren

Darren said:
Finite,
You could simply fill your apparatus with sanitiser by gravity, then push it through with water from the hose at mains pressure for a few seconds. Other alternatives are a cheap air-compressor or tire pump/

cheers

darren
[post="104635"][/post]​

ahh nice thinking... I have an air compressor but i think im getting a bit crazy.

Unless its something i can attach to the hose and just add im probably better off just filling up one of those water mister squirty things and give them all a hit lol.

A TEE piece in line, small ball cock ,for adjusting ,bit of plastic hose.
Your on the way....Acts like a spray gun...(engine degreaser)
Cheers
PJ

:beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang:

Finite said:
Darren said:
Finite,

cheers

darren
[post="104635"][/post]​

ahh nice thinking... I have an air compressor but i think im getting a bit crazy.

Unless its something i can attach to the hose and just add im probably better off just filling up one of those water mister squirty things and give them all a hit lol.
[post="104637"][/post]​

That would work too. Might be hard to get enough pressure to push it through though. Really you only need to wet the surface of the bottle with sanitiser. Hose pressure will do it.
Air compressors are good particularly good at removing blockages in counter flow chillers though

cheers
Darren

I ment just sticking the spray bottle up the neck and hitting it with a few sprays

What about a outboard motor flusher?
It adds an additive to the water to stop corrosion , you can regulate the flow and it has hose snap fittings. It would work really well.

$40.00 see the link below

http://www.biasboating.com.au/outboard_access.html

Cat#8572

Also those "weed and feed" type bottles you fit to your hose maybe adapted somehow.
Keep up informed,Iam sure many will be interested in this topic

Cheers
Batz

Yep im still thinking. Ive found an old mix your own paint spray gun with is propelled witha can of hydro carbon. I might use that with a sprinkler on the end. The hydrocarbon wouldnt have any adverce effects on the beer would it? Particualy if its only spraying sanitizer

Finite if you look on that same thread of tidel petes you will find a pic of my bottle washer which has a steralizer container built in it and it washes 30 bottles at a time
if you need more info let me know
the steralizer unit hes a black pipe going down into the container where the container screws on and off
cheer
dirk

Back