Bottle Bombs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveHQ

Reaction score
i brewed a morgan's pilsner (k&k), for 4 days temps averaged 24-27deg, og 1040 fg 1008, used 1kg dextrose

i bottled into tallies using 2 carb drops

3 weeks have passed

i cracked 1 tonight for a tester and it was super fizzy, i could feel it fizzing in my mouth, it tasted ok for it's age, when i cracked it (it was in the fridge for 24hours) it went pssstttt really loud

could i have 31 bottle bombs sitting in my spare room!!! how long is the risk of bottle bombs? will the risk fade or are they alway dangerous,

i brewed a morgan's pilsner (k&k), for 4 days temps averaged 24-27deg, og 1040 fg 1008, used 1kg dextrose

i bottled into tallies using 2 carb drops

3 weeks have passed

i cracked 1 tonight for a tester and it was super fizzy, i could feel it fizzing in my mouth, it tasted ok for it's age, when i cracked it (it was in the fridge for 24hours) it went pssstttt really loud

could i have 31 bottle bombs sitting in my spare room!!! how long is the risk of bottle bombs? will the risk fade or are they alway dangerous,

If three weeks have passed I reckon you'll be fine, however saying that it might be an idea to get them into the fridge and cool them down (get the gas into solution and reduce the pressure in the bottle), I generally secondary ferment for 3 weeks in the bottle and then put them in the fridge for a week. If you crack one open and let it "de-carb" before drinking you might find it a more pleasurable experience than a mouth full of fizz.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Latest posts

Back