Boony

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, its a "buy 2 cartons, send in 2 barcodes with $12 and we'll send you a boony and botham" this year.

At least I can gank the barcodes from my bottlo mate.

OMG, I completely missed all the fun!

How cool is that?

So apparently they sync to the TV - do you reckon they have a miniature receiver in them?

Maybe they are testing the channels ready for this year, and all the 'sleeper cells' have reported for duty...

I want one.

I'm not sure how they are set off. I know a few people who have had their Boony over the last year and have still been going off randomly. One guy is waken up every now and again by a Boony asking for nachos.

There were two parts to it. One it was programmed to warn you when the cricket was about to start etc, and the second part was during the coverage when the VB signage came up after a commercial break, or replay you hear a couple of beeps on the TV, that was a trigger for the Boony to say one of the pre-recorded messages.

Beers,
Doc

Adamt has the right idea, I work at a bottlo and last summer the others at work and I collected enough barcodes to get over a dozen boonies, to sell on ebay. Get in quick though, last time the supplier ran out.

And evanmit, I like your thinking, I'd be giving away free stuff to anyone who brought me homebrew...

he has started speaking again (with the new version anyway)
"boony wants a beer, boony wants a beer, boony wants a beer..."
"i wish i could be a jockey"

Latest posts

Back