Bloody Heat!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoilerBoy

Reaction score
As the mercury climbs past 35.1C towards 40C Adelaide finds itself the unenviable new record holder of the longest ever heatwave with the most consecutive days over 35C, <_< a reoord previously held by Perth back in 1988.

As I write I suspect the "T shirts" are already being printed "I survived the SA heat wave of 2008"
A truly momentus event probably up there with the moon landing of 1969 or Don Dunstan's parlimentary pink shorts.

Maybe its just the heat, but there are times when I wish I had been born with "antlers" at least I could swing a beer either side and run a feeder tube to the mouth still I expect the conditional forces of evolutoin will sort this out in a few million years.

Until then, like this heat, we will have to find new ways to keep sucking!

BB

MATE......you are NOT wrong......as I type the temp is now rapidly climbing past 45 degrees in my non air conditioned workshop, and I am forced to give in and head for home's A/C for the worst part of the day's heat, and come back when it has started to cool down again, and work through the relative cool of 30-35 degrees we expect to get tonight......
I may be silly sometimes, but I'm not completely stupid. Beerbelly is closed for the afternoon. At least the grain room is airconditioned :)

Just the time to be trying to hold a lager at 10 in a suss fermentation fridge. <_<

Warren -

Just the time to be trying to hold a lager at 10 in a suss fermentation fridge. <_<

Warren -
...same here - turned my outdoor conditioning fridge down to -1 last night. That'll test it!

WOW u boys are really in a bad way down there A? Up here in Gods country (NSW) we have had more rain than we no what to do with and have had a gut full. I think the boys up in SEQ have had even more. Dont worry fellas it will be sub zero again soon enough :lol:
Anyway have another beer :icon_cheers:

Steve

Yeah it is a tad hot hay. My office air con is stuffed and work will not replace it and its cooler out in the workshop. But i think is because we have (Adelaide) had 10 days with this extrem heat with alot more to come its like getting the norm now. Thay say Adelaide hasnt had any rain for something stupid like 48 days. Still why would you want to be anywhere else! It makes for the ice cold beer at home even better thats for sure :D

Hot? :huh:

Thankful i dont work in a tin shed like Wayne tho!

Had to put my labcoat on to stop the fripples. :D

Not looking forward to footy training........

we have had more rain than we no what to do with and have had a gut full.

What is this word 'rain' you speak of?? :huh:

What is this word 'rain' you speak of??
Well in Newcastle anyway,my 60,000 litre salt water pool is now fresh water. Rain like I never new it could over this summer. But I love this spell.

We're pushing a heady 23degs here at the mo... it's tuff living in the west ;D

Is it hot out?

It's a constant 21 deg in my lab. :D

(barely manage to step out of the building during the day :( )

It's been so hot I've been forced to go to the bar for lunch every working day this week at uni. It's an awesome idea until you leave, dehydrated and boiling hot.

Who wants to place money down for a >35C Easter here?

Pffftt....rain hey?

For this month (13 days so far) we have received 670mm :blink:

Forecast shows a low pressure sitting out the front from Sunday so more to come.

I'd love a bit of sunshine and warmth at the moment.

Cheers.

Geez Duff, weve only had 27mm this year. last year was 565mm for the year.

im with u dom im in the workshop too handling sheetmetal as well no air con u see i drink so many lagers

this weather is causing a problem with my beer supplies as its evaporating fast hav to brew when its cooling in my new fridge

Wickham w.a. forecast 38 degrees with a chance of a shower this afternoon, friday is the same, next week is alittle different inspecting a cool change with a chance of a shower and 37 degrees. :lol:

So we all turn our aircons up and hope that burning all that extra coal doesn't add to next years heat wave?

weather.jpg

Adelaide long range forcast. 3 kegs empty and 1 conditioning ( why do they always run out within a couple of days of each other ).

On the bright side I must brew this weekend and plan on saving power. HLT in the sun with glass lid should be up to mash temp in a couple of hours and probably 1/2 as much gas on the kettle.

Cheers,
Ian B)

Latest posts

Back