Bloody Heat!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 20* in Brisbane tonite.
Probably have to pull the doona up about 3am.
Was around 17* at 5am. this morning :D

stagga.

Just the time to be trying to hold a lager at 10 in a suss fermentation fridge. <_<

Warren -

Bah!! She's creeping up to 13 degrees. :(

Looks like I'm going from a CAP to a CACA.

Just hope the S189 doesn't throw too much stinky stuff. I'm just hoping the 8 degree pitch saves the day diacetyl-wise.

Warren -

Bah!! She's creeping up to 13 degrees. :(

Looks like I'm going from a CAP to a CACA.

Just hope the S189 doesn't throw too much stinky stuff. I'm just hoping the 8 degree pitch saves the day diacetyl-wise.

Warren -

Warren, i ferment mine at 12c with no problm. A local brewer here has been brewing with S189 at ale temps & the beers have still been super clean with no fruitiness. I'm not recommending high temps, but I reckon you'll be fine.

cheers Ross

The SA gumbyment should reimburse us home brewers for lack of supply of beer for the coming months due to not been able to brew with atleast 3 ctns of Coopers Sparkling. Oh thay should make that Long necks aswell

Warren, i ferment mine at 12c with no problm. A local brewer here has been brewing with S189 at ale temps & the beers have still been super clean with no fruitiness. I'm not recommending high temps, but I reckon you'll be fine.

cheers Ross

{Wipes heavily sweating brow with relief} :)

Thanks Ross.

Warren -

My 1000ltr water tank ran dry last night :( Now I'm back to watering the plants on Satdees and Tuesdees.

Yah understood. Looks like back to NC for you ??

Everytime I empty the grass catcher it's full of dust lately. <_<

Warren -

Now I'm back to watering the plants on Satdees and Tuesdees.

watering plants! eeee them were the days! Mowed me lawn once since December. Its the same as Warrens - just dust n dandelions.
Cheers
Steve

LOL!!

Dandelions are good but. Daisy my daughter's Bearded Dragon loves 'em. :rolleyes:

Warren -

17012008078_small.jpg

watering plants! eeee them were the days! Mowed me lawn once since December. Its the same as Warrens - just dust n dandelions.
Cheers
Steve

Oh I gave up on the lawn ages ago...I'm more concerned about my roses, vegs and herbs.

I heard somebody say the other day that Roses are pretty close to drought tolerant. :unsure:

I got a rose bush down the backyard and "never" water the bugger. Grows out of control.

Warren -

just hit 39.3C in Melbs.

the words, "no-chill" spring to mind.
:icon_vomit: reVox

just hit 39.3C in Melbs.

the words, "no-chill" spring to mind.
:icon_vomit: reVox

The words Acid rest spring to mind here. In my brewery it is about 44c at present and foolishly I have a yeast waiting in the wings for tomorrow.

Here in Adelaide they are still talking another 4 days of near 40c. Who said we didn't get summer this year !!

I heard somebody say the other day that Roses are pretty close to drought tolerant. :unsure:

I got a rose bush down the backyard and "never" water the bugger. Grows out of control.

Warren -

I fixed mine with a lawn mower. Took a couple of "accidental" attempts but it no longer needs any water :)

So we all turn our aircons up and hope that burning all that extra coal doesn't add to next years heat wave?

We haven't turned our AC on yet. Here's hoping we don't have to. Its 28 in the house right now and I hope we get a cool night because last night it hardly went below 30 outside.
Wednesday! Wednesday! Bring on Wednesday!

Back