Birrateque - glasses to rival Spiegelau?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earle

Choc wheat fiend
Reaction score
Was walking through Myer and saw these.

http://www.luigibormioli.com/collections/birrateque

Some of the glass shapes are very similar to the Spiegelau we're more used to seeing. They are crystal and definitely thicker than Spiegelau. Supposedly the glass has some titanium to help make it stronger, comes with a 25 year warranty.

Has anyone tried them?

Am I the only one who thinks while these glasses look cool, the tiniest of differences between the styles is a big wank?
I personally use my Spiegelau IPA glass for all styles

yeah I kind of agree.

Although they do this in Belgium hard core, I had a session with a mate at a bar in Antwerp and we tried 10+ beers and each came in it's own official glass. I think that is a lot to do with marketing though as each glass is branded. I'd hate to bartend at a place like that.

The seasonal one is pretty angular compared to what we normally see.

It's funny, the seasonal one is labelled 'saison' and I thought shit that's a big glass for a saison (750ml). It looks like it's only meant to be partly filled but also seems like it's not meant for saison style specifically but for seasonal beers.

I love the glasses and I'd probably get a couple, but for the most part I find myself using my $1 Ikea glasses I find they hold liquid and allow it to enter and exit perfectly.

Decent shape and head space for aroma too.

The seasonal is 660ml, wheat is 750ml
Sounds perfect for most bottlers :D

I also notice they say on the IPA glass page, that the glass is thin to maintain carbonation due to IPAs having low carbonation

sp0rk said:
The seasonal is 660ml, wheat is 750ml
Sounds perfect for most bottlers :D

I also notice they say on the IPA glass page, that the glass is thin to maintain carbonation due to IPAs having low carbonation
True, all the Oz sites list it as 750ml though

I've got a number of different styles of beer glasses, mainly Czech and Belgian, with a few Austrian and German thrown in the mix. I find that I always tend to gravitate towards Duvel and Chimay glasses. They just work really well for almost all styles.

Picked up a set of the Seasonal from Myer today to give them a go. Currently 30% or something off, so just less than $25, down from $35.

The display one was not entirely flat on the base causing it to rock just a little. Mentioned that to them at the counter and asked to check the ones in the box that I was going to buy, sure enough one of those also rocked. Got another box and made a set which all have flat bases. Bit of a QC problem for glasses that are not that cheap. The two that I've got look fine though.

I might go and check them out. Ensure they have flat bottoms, and no kittens in the boxes either.

I have a pair of their IPA ones I got on the last myers sale. Nice sturdy glasses.

I didn't realise the seasonal ones where so much bigger. I would get some if I didn't just score a bunch of glasses from the beer fest.

I have had Spiegelau in the past. They break way to easy, even with a slight knock.

Aldi have a set of four beer glasses on sale for $10 made by Crofton a pint glass , pilsener ,wheat and Belgian so I gave the family instructions for fathers day

I have two of the Birrateque Cider and two of the Birrateque Tester.

One of the best purchases I've ever made

Latest posts

Back