Big Stainless Boiler For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gethrog

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am looking to undertake an all grain brew with my son and so want to sell and old stainless steel boiler my father had made years back. From my maths it would comfortably take 150 litres. We will be using the proceeds to make our own AG set up so trades on appropriate equipment will be considered. Hoping for around $750 but am open to offers. We are on the Sunshine Coast. A few pics are attached.

internal.jpg

side_view_2.jpg

Was just wondering if that white stuff is on the outside and inside - oxidisation, paint or WTF?

Also, what chemicals would make SS get to look like that!

Also, how does it boil stuff?

I make it 212L, if the measurements are right. I assume the 250mm is to the bottom of the cone, not to the bottom of the outlet?

It's a decent size o' boiler at any rate.

From those measurements I make that vessel to be just over 190 odd litres not including the cone on the bottom.

A little ambitious on the price maybe? I recently paid half that for a 450 litre 2.5mm wall stainless vessel in much better condition........

From those measurements I make that vessel to be just over 190 odd litres not including the cone on the bottom.

A little ambitious on the price maybe? I recently paid half that for a 450 litre 2.5mm wall stainless vessel in much better condition........

Much, much, much better condition Dom ;) Most likely a little undervalued going on the price this chap wants :eek:

BYB

Was just wondering if that white stuff is on the outside and inside - oxidisation, paint or WTF?

Also, what chemicals would make SS get to look like that!

Also, how does it boil stuff?

Hi Carbonator,
The outside and inside is just a bit ozidized. It been outside in the weather for 20 years. My father and his mates had it made as a boiler to fit over the top of a BBQ. As that is no longer the "green" thing to do we were considering buying a Nasa Burner to go under it. We decided against as its just too big for us. As to volume everyone seems to think I have underestimated so all the better. On price I had no idea so am open to offers.

The only guide I had to price was a 98 litre SS boil kettle on Beerbelly for $ 463.95. If I am way off beam price wise then I/m hapy to consider an offer. I'm just looking to get some cash together to buy the bits so my son and I can do an AG brew.

I make it 212L, if the measurements are right. I assume the 250mm is to the bottom of the cone, not to the bottom of the outlet?

It's a decent size o' boiler at any rate.

Math was never my strong suit but the measurements are accurate so if I have underestimated then nothing lost. This was built to last. The reason its a bit weatherbeaten is that its been in the open for 20 years or so.

Back