Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Click the green arrow with a +, type or paste in the address, then type in what you want underlined

Cheers

I read this story on Beer and Brewer yesterday on how CUB are going to donate 4000 cases of "Great Northern Brewing Company" Lager to the hard workers of the SES and RFS in Queensland. Sounds great eh?

Story here: http://www.beerandbrewer.com/_blog/News/po..._in_Queensland/

The beer aside (Great Northern BC Lager?!), and beyond the fact that most of the SES and RFS people would probably enjoy getting some free beer, how on earth, when both organisations are flat chat, are they going to distribute 80 tons of cheap beer? Don't you think they have better things to do right now? What's going to happen is that this beer is going to be trucked to a depot from Yatala, it's going to get unloaded by a few blokes whose efforts would probably be better used elsewhere, and it's going to sit in a hot shed or warehouse until someone decides they can spare the manpower to distribute it. It is wasting the resources of the organisations they are trying to reward.

In the mean time, CUB is going to crow on about how good they are to the SES and RFS. Though I am pleased to note they have donated water to those who really need it. Rather than shipping 4000 cases of shit beer to an organisation who doesn't need it, why not donate the equivalent in cash to those organisations, or failing that, send a voucher for a case of beer at Dans to everyone involved. They can get it when they want it and have the time. It uses existing distribution methods and doesn't waste the time and efforts of the organisations involved.

I fully appreciate that CUB etc aren't doing it out of the goodness of the hearts of the boardmembers - it's all advertising, but this is a pretty terrible time to try and get "Great Northern Brewing Company" Lager in to the hands of potential consumers.

I read this story on Beer and Brewer yesterday on how CUB are going to donate 4000 cases of "Great Northern Brewing Company" Lager to the hard workers of the SES and RFS in Queensland. Sounds great eh?

Story here: http://www.beerandbrewer.com/_blog/News/po..._in_Queensland/

The beer aside (Great Northern BC Lager?!), and beyond the fact that most of the SES and RFS people would probably enjoy getting some free beer, how on earth, when both organisations are flat chat, are they going to distribute 80 tons of cheap beer? Don't you think they have better things to do right now? What's going to happen is that this beer is going to be trucked to a depot from Yatala, it's going to get unloaded by a few blokes whose efforts would probably be better used elsewhere, and it's going to sit in a hot shed or warehouse until someone decides they can spare the manpower to distribute it. It is wasting the resources of the organisations they are trying to reward.

In the mean time, CUB is going to crow on about how good they are to the SES and RFS. Though I am pleased to note they have donated water to those who really need it. Rather than shipping 4000 cases of shit beer to an organisation who doesn't need it, why not donate the equivalent in cash to those organisations, or failing that, send a voucher for a case of beer at Dans to everyone involved. They can get it when they want it and have the time. It uses existing distribution methods and doesn't waste the time and efforts of the organisations involved.

I fully appreciate that CUB etc aren't doing it out of the goodness of the hearts of the boardmembers - it's all advertising, but this is a pretty terrible time to try and get "Great Northern Brewing Company" Lager in to the hands of potential consumers.

I have to agree, not exactly the best idea, nor the best timing (not that these blokes couldn't use a cold brew!). I really do think that the equivalent in cash to the organisations would have been better. I guess the mantra of their marketing department is: Never let an opportunity for free publicity go unused!

Was hard at it yesterday getting the Flood APA ready to hand over to the boys last night.
Got it filtered and carbed just in time to make it to BABBs.

Hadn't even tasted the final finished beer - until now.

Here's a quick photo.....

IMG_2534__Large_.jpg

Hope you enjoy it boys.....

PB

Regarding the impending round 2 that's about to hit, stay safe & take care of your families guys.

category_five.jpg

All the best for the guys up there, Duff, Tropical, Bunyip etc - stay safe lads.

Hope your hatches are battened down, your yards are clean of any projectiles and if you're in the direct path....that you've evacuated somewhere safe!

All the best chaps!

Yeah good luck guys. Hang on tight!

- Snow.

A big plus one from me as well guys.
Stay safe and I hope you've stockpiled enough beer to ride it out.

They were just saying on the local ABC 1233 here that there were gusts (unofficially) measured at 260 km/h+... That's one hell of a blow job

Stay safe guys...

Latest posts

Back