Biblical Scale Disaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you can get to the northern end of the gateway bridge, you can get to Ipswich through Springfield. Kenmore might be quite difficult to get to. Can't get there from here yet.

Boys,

I have to pull out of the clean up efforts due to a crook knee, it blew up again overnight. Injured my right knee 3 weeks before Christmas and this has been a regular occurence since. Can get it down after a couple of days taking naprosyn and painkillers and it had been ok for a while so thought I'd be right. Will require surgery, later on but when not swollen up I can get around ok, the problem is the wife has surgery scheduled for March 7 and will be in a wheelchair for 2 months following that and I'll be her carer, so can't afford further risk. If I slipped on muddy ground or something we would be in serious strife.

Have PM'd the others to give enough time to arrange alternate transport.

Really wanted to be able to contribute to help but can't. I'ts a great thing you're all doing, be careful, keep the situation light with some humor, and have a fun time.

Wish I could be there for you Brissy boys, hope you understand my situation.

Cheers,

Screwy

Screwy, take care of yourself mate, as with rescue training the first thing they drum into you is "ARE YOU (Yourself) SAFE?" if not then don't proceed.

Good luck with the surgery(s).

Screwy, take care of yourself mate, as with rescue training the first thing they drum into you is "ARE YOU (Yourself) SAFE?" if not then don't proceed.

Good luck with the surgery(s).

Well said TJ. Don't hurt yourself Screwpop :) We'll cover your share :)

Well said TJ. Don't hurt yourself Screwpop :) We'll cover your share :)
What's the plan for your lot? Are you coming down on Saturday and working again on Monday?

Just figuring out some accommodation for you.

What's the plan for your lot? Are you coming down on Saturday and working again on Monday?

Just figuring out some accommodation for you.

I'll be in Rosalie probably from tomorrow morning on wards, have accom sorted, might even head down tonight if I can get away sooner......

I'll be in Rosalie probably from tomorrow morning on wards, have accom sorted, might even head down tonight if I can get away sooner......

We'll be down Sat morning, have to work Monday so back Sunday arvo.

My Defender's set up for sleeping in.

if going to help make sure your tetanus shot is current.

HD

I believe that means you should have had a booster within the past ten years.

Also, arms and legs covered, hat, sunscreen, boots etc.

Good god, now I see victoria is copping it. This is crazy.

-BD

Good god, now I see victoria is copping it. This is crazy.

-BD

Yeah. Looking a bit curly down that way, too.

Plus:

Tropical low off Townsville

Mt Etna spewing ash

430 dead in Brazil

1 million homeless in Sri Lanka

And there's a slight possibility my fermentation could have stalled :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
All I need accommodation wise is a bit of floor for the swag still sorting out some transport details with the guys up here.

All I need accommodation wise is a bit of floor for the swag still sorting out some transport details with the guys up here.

A big thanks for picking this up Bruce
t.gif

Screwy

Shed101: And there's a slight possibility my fermentation could have stalled

Damn, going to have to be extra careful, just got put on antibiotics for a deep skin infection (face, so nowhere important!) that flared up over night. :angry:

Damn that's all we need a stalled ferment! LOL

Just got off the phone to Snow:

"House is a disaster zone, front yard is a tip."

But he says there's lots of help from people coming from all over.

A big issue may be getting to the area as he has heard reports of traffic difficulties... great! I imagine if we can't make it to GROUND SNOW then we may just be able to help some random other people on the way at least.

However, he says there is lots to do because there is sewage everywhere. List of things needed to help:

Disinfectant
Sponges
Buckets
Mops
Brooms
Gloves
Hoses

The big one is a pressure washer and generator as there is still no power in the area.

I'll be tapping our local hardware supplier for donations of mops etc, but I don't have a generator :(

All I need is room for my inflatable mattress & access to someone's vehicle cigarette lighter to inflate it.

TP

No probs there mate!

Also forgot to mention that Snow says he has lost a lot of brewing stuff, but has it all covered with comprehensive flood insurance and other fellas should take priority with the relief fund....

... let's hope his insurance does hold.

I think I have a spare airlock somewhere he can have at least (phew), although it doesn't seem to be bubbling atm! :rolleyes:

Heard from work this morning, they would welcome my presence at the Gold Coast Centre (giving me petrol money and even offered free motel accomm) Saturday and Sunday. Play it by ear but I should be able to pitch in from Tuesday - I'll keep an eye on this thread, and also Pocket Beers is doing a sweep around BABBs members to see if anyone needs a hand - and it won't be over by Tuesday by a long shot. :(

I'll be packing when I get home. Swag, cleaning gear etc...

Will speak soon Shed.

Just got off the phone to Snow:

"House is a disaster zone, front yard is a tip."

But he says there's lots of help from people coming from all over.

A big issue may be getting to the area as he has heard reports of traffic difficulties... great! I imagine if we can't make it to GROUND SNOW then we may just be able to help some random other people on the way at least.

However, he says there is lots to do because there is sewage everywhere. List of things needed to help:

Disinfectant
Sponges
Buckets
Mops
Brooms
Gloves
Hoses

The big one is a pressure washer and generator as there is still no power in the area.

I'll be tapping our local hardware supplier for donations of mops etc, but I don't have a generator :(

If there's no power I have a spare LPG gas light I can give but alas no gas bottle. Any Sunshine Coasters got a spare bottle they don't want.

TP

If there's no power I have a spare LPG gas light I can give but alas no gas bottle. Any Sunshine Coasters got a spare bottle they don't want.

TP

Pete, what kind of bottle do you need, Primus or standard LPG?

Back