Biabrewer.info

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Pat,

This'll make life a lot easier. Might save us both a bit of typing answering questions that already have been... but nobody can find the answers buried in a monster thread.

I salute you and your dedication to the cause.

Thirsty

Cheers
288796859_a5cf63cac9_b.jpg

Looks like a good start, I'm looking at BIAB as being an easier step to better beer without going the full AG path (I don't have the space... yet!). BIAB appeals to me because I want better than the kit tins so I've started reading as much as possible. This website has come at a very opportune time :)

In regards to helping, I'd like to contribute with any web / hosting / technical related stuff as required. I could probably even get my brother to knock up a logo / design (he's a graphic designer), especially if I offered him a few resultant brews :) Just send me a message if you want any assistance here.

Otherwise, I look forward to learning more about BIAB and hopefully trying it sooner rather than later!

I'm a bit blown away by all the positive feedback - a huge thanks to you all. I've come home to the above and some other top correspondence in PM's or emails. Wambesi has offered to work on a logo (how cool is that?) and kook has even offered to host the site (whatever that means :blink:) which sounds excellent too!

I'll write back to all you here and the others individually but it might take me a while as I have my parents visiting for a few weeks and I better put any sober time I have into them or the website. In other words, expect a possibly non-sensical thank you PM or reply in the near future.

I nearly have the first article written to whack up called, "The Efficiency God and Myth for New Brewers," but it probably needs further editing as I gave it a touch up after beers with Katie and LLoyd last night - lol! I think that article will be interesting though. It's mazing how inaccurate some of our measuring devices are :eek:

An immediate priority though is to make a few corrections in the BIAB for Beginners .pdf file. If anyone knows how I can open a .pdf file to edit it, please let me know as my original file is sitting on my old computer which recently had a heart attack. I keep shocking it with 240V to try and resuscitate it but no luck so far.

Am waiting to hear back from ThirstyBoy with the hope that he will be able to provide some of his usual outstanding info, help or input. Katie tells me she has been keeping him busy in the food forum though. WT? I might have to bribe randyrob too into coming over and actually teaching me something about websites. The thing I'm using at the moment is pretty hard work and quite limited e.g. only 5 pages.

And please, if you write something interesting, see a great post or articles or have any good pics, please let me know. That site needs a lot of work quickly as you will have noticed!

I'll write back here any time something exciting happens on the site probably in my usual brief manner ;)

Once again, many thanks to all those who have helped out so much in so many ways to encourage, investigate and validate this lovely way of brewing.

Spot ya ron,
Pat

P.S. Just saw your post Daemon. I might have ot get your phone number!

An immediate priority though is to make a few corrections in the BIAB for Beginners .pdf file. If anyone knows how I can open a .pdf file to edit it, please let me know as my original file is sitting on my old computer which recently had a heart attack. I keep shocking it with 240V to try and resuscitate it but no luck so far.

Hey Pat, while I don't have anything to edit pdf's on my laptop, I can cut and paste it all into a Word doc file for you to then add what you need. You can then just use CutePDF to make a new pdf.

Cheers,

Geoff

Am waiting to hear back from ThirstyBoy . . . .

have you tried to contact me Pat?? I haven't gotten anything. Sent to home or work? works e-mail isn't playing nice recently, might have dumped your e-mails in the spam bin... I'll check. Send em to my home address mate. Much more reliable.

Course I'll contribute where I can.

TB

You know, if one person, just one person recommends BIAB they may think he's really sick and
they won't believe him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both queer and they won't believe either of them.
And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in
recommending BIAB and walking out? They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said
fifty people a day walking in recommending BIAB and
walking out? And friends they may thinks it's a movement.

And that's what it is, the BIAB Movement, and all you got to do to join is
grab a pot and a bag and brew some beer. With Feeling...

You have too much time, Bonj...

Good work, Pat!

And that's what it is, the BIAB Movement, and all you got to do to join is
grab a pot and a bag and brew some beer. With Feeling...

PREACH IT BROTHER :super: :super:

Congratulations to ThirstyBoy (Dan) and SpillsMostOfIt (Geoff) on their BIAB interview on Basic Brewing Radio. Top job guys and a nice follow-on from the John Palmer BYO article which Dan put a lot of work into. :beer:

Now which one of you was it who burped at the 29 min 44second mark? :D

Good on you,
Pat

P.S. Should also be a few additions to the BIABrewer.info site in a few weeks but will post back then.

Sorry to bump this old thread but for those of you who have been waiting for BIABrewer.info to come to fruition then here you go!

Took a tad longer than expected :rolleyes:
Pat

* A massive thanks to all the guys that helped.

Congratulations Pat and well done! You've been pretty passionate about BIABing for years, the website is just taking it to a whole new level. :super:

Up and going at last. Woohoo :icon_drunk:
Thanks for all the hard work Pat.

Back