Best Way To Route Cables From Heat Pad And Probe?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brente1982

Reaction score
Ok, so i have the fridge, and i want to know, what is the best way to route the cables from the temp probe and the heat pad out of the fridge, but to still have the best seal around the door as possible?

Ive considered making small cuts into the seal, so as to allow it to sit flush on the frame of the fridge, but still have the cable running through it, but i dont know if this will allow too much inconsitancy with it keeping a constant temperature.

Another thing ive considered is drilling through the side of the fridge, and the sealing back up afterwards, but dont know the best way to go about that.

Any infomation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Guys

I simply run my cables through the door - the seals seem to work okay to me.

It would be best to get specific advice for your fridge when drilling through the wall - there is important stuff in there and you could hobble your fridge.

Yeah I just run any leads/cables under the fridge door seal. There would be a small gap but not really enough to worry about.

I drilled a hole through the side. Then I fed some condue into the hole which I am running my power cable through for my Heat pad, as the fermentation fridge is kind of out in the open! So I wanted to protect the power cables from frying! I fillled the holes with gap filler to provent the condue and cables from coming out and foreign objects to enter. I mounted the temp probe on the top of the fridge and the cable is inside the fridge. My 2c worth!

It looks a treat :super:
Cheers,

Through the fridge-seal here also, seems to work fine and be minimal heat/cool loss.

+1 for through the door, and you don't need to cut the seals! If you start that way its quick and easy and you can change your mind down the track...

I did it initially because I was in a hurry to whack a fermenter in, but always thought about doing something more fancy. That said, I don't see any advantage now as the fridge is not on show and I'm happy with the performance.

The only problem I found was that my door seal is a bit dodgy and sometimes didn't close properly with the cables in place. To fix that I just chocked it with a bit of wood under the handle... This gives the door a really good seal, and if you don't like the 2X4 look you could also use a strap. But you may even be fine without...

Ok, yeh i have the fridge, and im getting a new seal for it as it completely shagged at the bottom, but tried cutting a small cable width out of it so it sat flush on either side of the cable. it looks alright pretty good. Just have to make sure not to cut too much out i guess.

Latest posts

Back