Best Way To Clean A Beer Font?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kman

Reaction score
I have two beer fonts here i have not been using for the past few years. I want to clean them up and get them going again.

What is the best way to clean them up?

I will post a picture of them when i can, but basically, they just do not have the same shine anymore. And they have some little kind of white dots and blemishes.

Can this be removed? Sorry if its a dumb question, just thought i would ask before i attack it with chemicals.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread..

I was thinking about cleaning mine and then having a go at it with some silvo. Not sure if this will ruin the finish though.

Whats it made of? Chrome plated brass?

I'd be giving a hit with some jiff and elbow grease first then possibly some silvo?

Other wise a trick we use to clean up bumper bars and what not when restoring cars is to spray some WD40 onto a ball of aluminium foil and rub. The aluminium is softer than chrome so it rubs off and "fill" any pitting whilst also cleaning off the rust. Many guys also use coke or vinegar instead of WD40 as its apparently faster and easier.

interesting. yeah i would guess it is chrome plated brass.

I will give this a go on the weekend i think, any other suggestions welcome

True. Maybe a fine car cutting compound instead

Latest posts

Back