Best Place To Buy Kegging System & Parts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewer

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been brewing for awhile now, and want to get a decent (but not overpriced) setup! I'm looking for some kegs, taps, regulators, beer line, etc. Have had a look in a few stores in sydney, country brewer being one of them, however thought i'd see if anyone had any cheaper solutions?? I know sometimes retail stores can be so overpriced!

I look forward to some suggestions.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi,

I've been brewing for awhile now, and want to get a decent (but not overpriced) setup! I'm looking for some kegs, taps, regulators, beer line, etc. Have had a look in a few stores in sydney, country brewer being one of them, however thought i'd see if anyone had any cheaper solutions?? I know sometimes retail stores can be so overpriced!

Cheers,
Matt

www.craftbrewer.com.au

click on the logo just at the top on the left.
Cheer
Steve

P.S. welcome to AHB Matt

WARNING IRONY APPEARS BELOW:

yeh, but the service is crap though...
read here

1. Sometimes it takes him an hour to answer his emails
2. Stuff doesn't arrive until the next day
3. I had a problem with some other retailers kegs once and although Ross PMd me about them he didn't offer to replace them.
4. He doesn't know much about his products
5. Stingy too I only got to taste six beers when I picked up my order

Still you get what you pay for... ;)

Glen

yeh, but the service is crap though...
read here

1. Sometimes it takes him an hour to answer his emails
2. Stuff doesn't arrive until the next day
3. I had a problem with some other retailers kegs once and although Ross PMd me about them he didn't offer to replace them.
4. He doesn't know much about his products
5. Stingy too I only got to taste six beers when I picked up my order

Still you get what you pay for...

Glen

Glen - you are taking the piss arent you? :eek:

Gee, I hope so; else I'll have to go back to using stale old hops.

Glen...I think you need to add some sarcasm emoticons to your original posts!!

It certainly is a great service Ross offers. If you're nearby, $70 plus some postage would be a pretty decent price.

Well, it made me laugh.... :D

cheers Ross....

... and perhaps some people should look up the definition of irony ... "expression of ones meaning by language of opposite or different tendency" ... taken in the correct spirit Glen.

I got all my stuff for my kegorator from Dave's homebrew. mailed it to me for free and great after sales service over the phone. No affil

Hi Homebrewer Matt, welcome to AHB :)

How much were TCB wanting for their keg setups, and what were the components?

I just blew an even Grand on a four tap, 6 keg setup built from scratch.
The parts came from all over the globe for the best prices I could find at the time over the last 6 months.

All equipment was top-grade stuff - Perlick forward sealing taps, micro-matic regs, flexmaster 5mm lines, flared threaded (MFL) ball lock disconnects, John Guest quick disconnects, stainless drip-tray, all stainless fittings (where appropriate), etc etc.
I think (in my biased opinion) that I've built a nice, quality, flexible, (and importantly) low-maintenance system. A large component of the cost was shipping from the US. This almost doubled the cost of some parts!

Sure, I saved myself a bit of cash - about $300 under retail by my reckoning. But for all the effort it took, if I had my time again, I would seriously consider buying everything locally, with the majority from one retailer.
I've got a bit on an inside rub on this as well - I believe there are a couple of very interesting new products in the pipeline. :ph34r: Indeed, depending on the products' release prices, it may not even be worth your while to import from O/S. I can say no more
unsure.gif
ph34r.gif

Put simply, between Ross (CraftBrewer), Francis (Mashmaster), GMK and a few select LHBS suppliers (Hi Gerard (ND Brewing)!) the Australian Craft/Homebrew marketplace has never looked better or cheaper. These guys really are a credit to the scene.
Ok, enough advertising from me. :p

This'll at least give you a starting point. Perhaps give us an indea about what kind of setup you want?

Good luck with the purchases :)
Regards,
Tim.

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since i checked this post - sorry have been so busy with work coming up to the holidays.

I checked out a few of the suggestions from you guys, i also found another place that sells kegs for $70! I know a few blokes here recommended craft brewer for his $70 kegs so thought i'd note here that you can also get them from www.kegsonline.com.au for the same price, but rebuilt and in good condition!

I ended up buying a setup from them with the following:

2 x Used 18Lt kegs fitted with new ball lock tank plugs and seals throughout.
1 x Flow control beer tap
1 x 2mt beer line
1 x 2mt gas line
3 x line clips
1 x liquid disconnect plastic
1 x gas disconnect plastic
1 x Micromatic regulator

All up only cost me $385 + postage. Has anyone else here purchased from them before? I found them through Google Adwords and was suprised to have the kegs sitting on my doorstep just 2 days after placing the order and paying!!! Am now looking at getting some extra kegs and they also stock a nice looking SS drip tray! Will let you know how I go.

Cheers,
Matt

Go with Ross,

Support those that help us. I ordered with confidance knowing that the kegs I received would be in good condition and ready to go. I also ordered new seals as recomended and all was delivered to me within a few days. Fantastic service and a great bloke to deal with.

daniel

I was wondering about the kegsonline.com.au site too. They started appearing in Google ads on one of my sites. I would also be interested to hear peoples experiences with them.

Looks like a nice deal on 9L kegs given how scarce they seem to be.

I've had no problems with them after my first purchase. Nothing against the other stores, i just found them to be good value for what I was looking for.

Hi,

Cheers,
Matt

http://stores.ebay.com/The-CHI-Company_W0Q...ameZL2222QQtZkm

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/

Not that ive bought kegging equipment from either. But after reading various threads I would be going for someone that delivers in a couple of days instead of months? Pretty logical i reckon?

Cheers
Steve

Quick question regarding kegsonline.com.au

are the prices quote online ($70 per keg) including postage? it states $3.50 packaging and handling per order but nothing regarding freight. also there doesnt seem to be a "contact us" section to the website.

Has anyone ordered from this site before??

Pok

Back