Best Php Primer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser_john

Go Pies
Reaction score
Have some ASP experience, but want to do some PHP work for my own site, anyone have any good olnline PHP primers?

How much ASP experience do you have, and is it classic ASP?

Probably best thing to do is try to customise some existing scripts, there's plenty out there.

The PHP documentation is pretty good and from memory there's a bit of a getting started guide there as well. With your site you mentioned, is there anything novel/unique you're trying to do?

sap.

The PHP documentation is pretty good and from memory there's a bit of a getting started guide there as well. With your site you mentioned, is there anything novel/unique you're trying to do?

sap.

Not really, I'd like to have an mysql db to hold icons/large images along with comments etc so that its easy to manage high turn over stuff, I've done it years ago with a business I started in the USA using ASP, but its been so long!

I'll peruse the documentation and getting started guide.

I've got apache and php up and running on my desktop and got the first page working, so its a good start. Now just to start with mysql.

I've got apache and php up and running on my desktop and got the first page working, so its a good start. Now just to start with mysql.

Unless you absolutely have to use mysql, try a real database like PostgreSQL (which is free also).

By real database i mean it doesn't do things like silently truncate data, or accept invalid inputs.

The only reason i can think to use mysql is because it is more widely available on hosting providers. It's not a real database though.

Latest posts

Back