Best Kit And Kilo Recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to go:

cooper's draught
500 grams of white sugar (inverted)
500 grams of light powder malt
5 grams of ringwood flowers not pellets

Pilsner help.

Guys, I am looking at brewing a Czech style pilsner. At the moment i'm looking at 3 base kits, Morgans golden Saaz, Coopers Plisner or Brewcraft pilsner then 1 to 1.5 KG light malt and 2 bags of saaz hops 1 taste and 1 aroma. Do you have any recommendations / recipes? Also what temp should i brew at? How long in primary /seconday? Do i need to cold conditon?

Thanks

Pointy

I put down a Morgans Saaz Pilsener with a Morgans Caramalt Master Blend 3 weeks ago. Took a week to ferment and a further 2 weeks in the bottle takes me up to tonight when i cracked my first 1.

Very nice! Very easy to drink, goes down a lil too easy and at around 6% a lil dangerous. All in all a very easy drinking beer i will be making this one again! Highly Recomended

:beerbang:

Here's an question to throw around.
Got a can of Coopers Dark Ale, and a 500g bag of choc grain (which I'm planning on using half)
Just looking for a smooth dark ale.
Any good ideas out there?
Petesbrew :chug:

Hi Pete the best ive done is 1 can morgans Ironbark Dark and 1 can morgans choc Malt extract fill to 23L. 2 week ferment 4.5% very very tasty.

JCG

Pointy - try the ESB 3kg Czech Pils with lager yeast - either W34/70 or S189.....beats the 3 you have mentioned IMHO.
Cheers
Steve

Pointy - try the ESB 3kg Czech Pils with lager yeast - either W34/70 or S189.....beats the 3 you have mentioned IMHO.
Cheers
Steve

Got an ESB Cz. Pils sitting in bottles, trying to hold of quaffing it until summer. With only the Melbourne weather to moderate fermentation tempetatures this was my final and most successful lager over winter.
Few months old now, very crisp & floral, rather sweet.
If I ever repeat this recipe Ill add some bittering, the ESB is too sweet as is.

[/quote]

Got an ESB Cz. Pils sitting in bottles, trying to hold of quaffing it until summer. With only the Melbourne weather to moderate fermentation tempetatures this was my final and most successful lager over winter.
If I ever repeat this recipe Ill add some bittering, the ESB is too sweet as is.
[/quote]

How sweet is sweet? I'm going to plop one of these down v soon and wasn't planning on adding anything unless needed...

Bazza

[/quote]

How sweet is sweet? I'm going to plop one of these down v soon and wasn't planning on adding anything unless needed...

Bazza
[/quote]

Bazza
Too be honest mine have never been sweet.
Steve

Just thought i'd bump this thread up, as its a very good one.

I havnt done a K@K for quite some time now, as ive embarked on mashing some partials over the last year.

I now have time constraints, and am finding hard to brew anything at all at the moment, so the partials are on the backburner for a while.

In the near future i'm going to put down a Wheat Kit of some sort, to see me through the summer. Then i'll be planning for the cooler months.

One of my all time favourite Kits is a Coopers Bitter. So i will put one down with a kilo of LDME and some Fuggles or Goldings. Or maybe a Grumpys Superior Brown Ale Masterbrew + the can of Coopers Bitter.

Then one of the best kit stouts ive ever made was a Grumpys Belfast Gold Masterbrew + a can of standard Coopers Stout. With a finish of a half a handful of some noble hops.

Looking forward again to some easy, quick brews, but good quality. :)

Just remember Adam it's the yeast that makes a huge difference.
use a true weizen strain WY 3068/3333 witha kit and you will get a nice fresh wheaty.
reculture a coopers or another starin from your current stock for the others.

Just remember Adam it's the yeast that makes a huge difference.
use a true weizen strain WY 3068/3333 witha kit and you will get a nice fresh wheaty.
reculture a coopers or another starin from your current stock for the others.

Yep cheers Brau.

Have got an Irish Wyeast starter in the fridge for the Stouty ! thinking of using that too for the Bitter, but it might take away from the style. i bet it still taste's good though ! :beerbang:

A good recipe that I have used:

1 Can Coopers Dark Ale;
Safale S-04 Yeast (11g Satchet)
50G Dark Brown Sugar
150G Corn Syrup
500g LDME
500g DDME
Tea Bag Tettnanger Hops
Tea Bag Goldings Hops.

Re-hydratred Safale Yeast for 30 Mins.

Boiled (Hgh Simmer really) DDME, LDME, DBS, Corn Syrup, Kit Yeast and Tettnanger Hops for 30 Mins. Turned off heat added Goldings Hops and left sit for 10 Mins. Added Coopers Dark Ale Can, gave a damn good stir, poured into Fermenter, added cold water to 23 Litres.

Added Yeast and left for two weeks to ferment

Starting Gravity - 1044
Left in Secondary for 2 weeks
Final Gravity - 1014

Bulk primed with 30g Corn Syrup and 150g LDME and bottled on 10 September 2006.

Been tasting this drop over the Xmas break and it is damn good, nice head, good flavour.

Brownie.

My "Always one on the go" beer as follows

Morgans Blue Mountain Can,
1Kg LHBS Brew Booster
Teabagged (Morgans?) Hallertau
Kit Yeast
23L

Takes about 4-6 weeks in the bottle before it really gets good.

The other semi-regular i do is

Morgans Dockside Stout
Morgans Unhopped Dark Malt
Teabagged Cascade
Kit Yeast
23L

the last batch of this I also added 15mL Liquorice Ext, but I wasn't paying attention and overfilled to about 24.5L and then I got impatient and pitched at about 30`C. It's now about 2 months in the bottle and it's the best dark beer I've made. Could probably use more hops though - pretty heavy on the malt.

:beer: Cheers,

microbe

My "Always one on the go" beer as follows

Morgans Blue Mountain Can,
1Kg LHBS Brew Booster
Teabagged (Morgans?) Hallertau
Kit Yeast
23L

Yep, that's a good emergency beer, only I like to use the Coopers Bav. Lager

Draggin' this up from the depths to say there's a lot of good recipes in here!
A lot of new guys like myself will get tonnes of tips and info from it.

Back