Best Keg fillers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 can coopers lager, 1 can coopers draught, both yeasts, 20g cascade bareback, 20g whatever else I've got (galaxy, mosaic etc) 20c, 7 to 10 days, cc 0-2c, 3-5 days, keg and force carb if desperate

Not sure what this recipe calls for "c" & "cc" - what does that mean

I always add a mix of pale malt for the enzymes and specialty grains for flavour. It's a pretty cheap way to pimp a kit.
That's a good link from altone. I would add a couple of things. I cold steep - 1kg milled grains, 2lt water, cover and refrigerate overnight, rinse with another 2lts. And, more importantly, I always boil the liquid (?liquor) before adding to the fermenter. Kills any nasties and gives me my 4lts of hot water to dissolve the kit.

Can you please post the complete recipe, what kit are you basing this on?

Not sure what this recipe calls for "c" & "cc" - what does that mean
c = dgrees celsius.
cc = cold crash. ie. Get fermented brew down close to 0 degrees for a few days to drop out hop and yeast sediment for a clearer brew.

c = dgrees celsius.
cc = cold crash. ie. Get fermented brew down close to 0 degrees for a few days to drop out hop and yeast sediment for a clearer brew.
P. S. Also chuck in 20 - 50g of dry hop just before cc.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back