Best Brew Boiler?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cc_1.jpgThe turkey fryer outfits from the U.S. seem almost custom made for brewing??

...why aren't they more common in Australia? I'm not just talking about the burner ...the whole shebang looks like it would be at home in any brewers box of tricks!

Can they be sourced here?

I have always wondered about how much weight a nasa burner stand will take.
I only do 20-23 litre batches but anyone doing double batches should be careful.
Remember. Saftey first.

johnno

Exactly what lead me to doing this Johnno. ;)

Very much a peace of mind thing.

Warren -

DSC00573.JPG

jimmysuperlative said:
View attachment 4486The turkey fryer outfits from the U.S. seem almost custom made for brewing??

...why aren't they more common in Australia? I'm not just talking about the burner ...the whole shebang looks like it would be at home in any brewers box of tricks!

Can they be sourced here?
[post="84564"][/post]​

I seen those kits when i was in hawaii. From memory they only cost abour $80 -90 $AUS. I wouldve bought one if i didnt have to drag it home on a plane.

vlbaby.

Nothing wrong with Ally stock pots

90 lt , and 60 lt in the back ground.

Batz

That's a bit greedy Batz. I'll have to get onto SWMBO. :lol:

Warren -

I have an old 18 gallon keg as well , for sale if I get a good price for it.

Batz

I have always wondered about how much weight a nasa burner stand will take.
I only do 20-23 litre batches but anyone doing double batches should be careful.
Remember. Saftey first.

johnno

johnno

I have just bought a NASA burner and I used it for the first time yesterday to do a 50ltr batch. Never again the boil did not inspire any confidence in the stand, the burner itself excellent. The welder comes out this weekend to adapt my old stand.

Cheers Altstart

I sent you an email Batz, I will buy the 18gl keg [for the right price] looking for one at the moment.

Fents said:
So what does everyone use for cooking? I want to do double batches (40-46 Litres) as i have 2 kegs and a 50Lt fermenter - and my mates and myself just drink too fast to keep up with single batch brews. :beerpigs:

So im thinking electrical element but whats the cheapest way out???

I can go gas but just want the pro's / cons.

Cheers.
[post="84147"][/post]​
Fents,
Click on my name and look at my profile. You will see (apart from my Son) two 70 litre pots cut from the one copper hot water cylinder. The tanks are insulated with the cladding off another and the HLT has a 3600W element also from a hot water system. The whole lot cost fifty bucks plus a few dollars of steel rod for supports.

What the hell is a Dalek??? :blink:

Are they illegal, if so i never touched it, it said it was over 18, i swear :ph34r:

The coil in the boiler is no big deal to clean.

It is if you let it sit covered in break and hops for a few days but i just undo the 2 compresion fittings holding it in and lift it out.

A wipe over with a kitchen scrubber (one of those yellow sponges with a green pad on it) and a hose off has it clean in 2 minuites and back it the boiler it goes.

cheers.

Hi There,

Been offered a brand new,(never used) slightly dented 200 L fuel tank, might see if I can modify this into a boiler. Might be a bit big though.

Cheers,
Jase

Jase,

Conversion should be pretty easy. Just put it straight on top of a NASA burner for a couple of mins :p :ph34r:

Doc

Queenslanders

50lt ally stockpot at the sunshine coast for $109 new

Looked good to me

Batz

Batz said:

Batz
[post="84583"][/post]​

90 litres of beer probably weighs 100kg Batz. I would reinforce that stand if I were you. Boiling wort will cause horrible burns.
cheers
Darren

Darren said:
Batz said:

Batz
[post="84583"][/post]​

90 litres of beer probably weighs 100kg Batz. I would reinforce that stand if I were you. Boiling wort will cause horrible burns.
cheers
Darren
[post="85837"][/post]​

I filled it with cold water , then put my weight on it , then bounced on it.
Stands not going anywhere , I can easly reinforce it if need be , needs not there.
Cheers anyway Darren very good advise , these stands need to be inspected , they are made in China.

Batz

In china with quite a lot of heat being blasted ito the over a period of time = danger

Darren said:
In china with quite a lot of heat being blasted ito the over a period of time = danger
[post="85862"][/post]​

The legs don't get red hot , in fact only the middle of the stand gets red hot , other bits like the legs get very hot but not enough to affect it.
In my trade it is not difficult for me to inspect a weld or know how metal is affected by heat over time , in fact it was part of my role.

All this said , yes an extra support is a good idea , what price do we put on safety?

Batz

Latest posts

Back