Bendigo And Surrounds Brewers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleiny

There is no Charge for Awesomeness
Reaction score
As the Ballarat boys/girls have got something in the pipe works i thought i would try and get a Bendigo one up and running (age old Bendigo V's Ballarat :p )

Awhile back i put a flyer up in the Bendigo HBS to start a Bendigo and Surrounds Brew Club

What i was thinking is now that their is 5-6 of us i know of we might start organizing, a brew day or social gathering.
Just to catch up with everybody.

So what do you guys think, im not saying full on club with presidents and meeting (stick that), just casual beers and discussion along with brew days, swaps, tastings and maybe a couple of trips to micro's e.g. Holgates (not to far out of town).

Discuss the idea and place your interest in this thread or PM me if you want in.

Once we are official i will get a thread started in the clubs section of this forum.

Cheers
Kleiny

As the Ballarat boys/girls have got something in the pipe works i thought i would try and get a Bendigo one up and running (age old Bendigo V's Ballarat :p )

Awhile back i put a flyer up in the Bendigo HBS to start a Bendigo and Surrounds Brew Club

What i was thinking is now that their is 5-6 of us i know of we might start organizing, a brew day or social gathering.
Just to catch up with everybody.

So what do you guys think, im not saying full on club with presidents and meeting (stick that), just casual beers and discussion along with brew days, swaps, tastings and maybe a couple of trips to micro's e.g. Holgates (not to far out of town).

Discuss the idea and place your interest in this thread or PM me if you want in.

Once we are official i will get a thread started in the clubs section of this forum.

Cheers
Kleiny
Bring your own Banjo.
Must have at least two of your own teeth.
No hair on your back means no entry.... :lol:

Bring your own Banjo.
Must have at least two of your own teeth.
No hair on your back means no entry.... :lol:

Nice self description reg But your only aloud out on day release right :lol:

Nice self description reg But your only aloud out on day release right :lol:

May have got a few more mates in for this.. but he put a good point across can we call it something different so our missus don't know we're going to go sink piss with mates :)

can we call it something different so our missus don't know we're going to go sink piss with mates

I reckon the name will be decided later, the title just needs to be that so as AHB'ers now what im on about.

Generally most clubs have an acronym of some sort, we need people willing to attend first

Sounds the goods Kleiny, count me in.

I haven't got a Banjo but can bring a jews harp :)

Sounds wonderful... I'm in. :icon_cheers:

Recently enjoyed visiting Thooft in Bendigo CBD to sample Timmerman lambics.

I'd be happy to travel into Bendigo to meet with others. Let's see who's interested and then we can organise something.

Heads up for any one in Bendigo anytime soon

Bendigo Wines and Spirits has one of the biggest imported and australian beer selections ive seen. (same street as saddle world opposite the marketplace and railway station.

Its awesome and they actually know something about what they are selling (get in their for a good experience)

Kleiny

Bendigo Wines and Spirits has one of the biggest imported and australian beer selections ive seen. (same street as saddle world opposite the marketplace and railway station.

Its awesome and they actually know something about what they are selling (get in their for a good experience)

Yes, that is a great shop.

Im going to brew a Oatmeal Stout next Friday the 6th of March if anybody is interested and would like to come around for a look and a couple of beers on tap
give me a PM.

Could be a chance to catch up and for some to see an AG brewery in action.

I will post the recipe later once finalized brewday should start around 0900 and finish around 1500

Kleiny

Bugger!

Would love to come but weekdays are no good for me at the moment (school holidays will change things)

Can only brew on Tuesdays and Fridays, Kids at Creche

Im working that weekend :angry: Damn rotating shift work

Well brewday went a treat on friday

Gava came around to catch a bit of the action and have a taste of a couple of my beers.

I think he got a bit out of watching the session and i hope to catch up again for a drink soon. (maybe a couple of yours gava)

I will keep posting my brew days here if anybody is interested to rock up you are welcome

Kleiny

Well brewday went a treat on friday

Gava came around to catch a bit of the action and have a taste of a couple of my beers.

I think he got a bit out of watching the session and i hope to catch up again for a drink soon. (maybe a couple of yours gava)

I will keep posting my brew days here if anybody is interested to rock up you are welcome

Kleiny

I got a lot of out Friday and tasted some real nice beers...

Im ordering the rest of my AG gear this week and will plan a brew in the coming weeks....

OH and remember how I said my missus said i could get all my AG stuff.. yeah well after this weekend I'll be behind on the $$ she got her instant turf at the house and we went to Ikea yesterday and let me just say..... DONT TAKE WOMAN THERE!

Good to hear there is a few brewers in Bendigo. I cut my teeth with kits in bgo. These days I have moved to melb and brewing AG. I noticed you were from bgo and in the last vic swap Kleiny, was going to have a chat to you on swap day but couldnt make it in the end.
I head back to bgo every now and then, if I happen to be back when you've got a brewday on I'll be sure to swing past.

Good to hear there is a few brewers in Bendigo. I cut my teeth with kits in bgo. These days I have moved to melb and brewing AG. I noticed you were from bgo and in the last vic swap Kleiny, was going to have a chat to you on swap day but couldnt make it in the end.
I head back to bgo every now and then, if I happen to be back when you've got a brewday on I'll be sure to swing past.

I just finished setting up my AG gear that I got today, having my cherry popper brewday sunday... should be interesting :)

Bugger!

Would love to come but weekdays are no good for me at the moment (school holidays will change things)

I am in the same situation as you Wakkatoo. But school holidays are drawing very close now! B)

I wonder if any Goldfields brewers would be interested in arranging some sort of meet & swap at some stage. I was thinking it could be a pleasant way make each others' acquaintance... It would not need to be an enormous number of longnecks, perhaps 6, 12 or as many as will fit in a regular milk crate (14?). I'd have to think about something to swap of course, but I just wanted to raise the idea.

I am in the same situation as you Wakkatoo. But school holidays are drawing very close now! B)

Maybe we should look at doing a brew day.

Use what we can to get a cube each out of the day. Sometime over the school Holidays

I will put my shed and brew gear up. Just need a day, something to eat, a few beers and a recipe.

Swap sounds good xmas in July

Back