Bendigo And District Brewers June 16th Catch-up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there all! I hope its not too late for me just to say a big thanks to gava for hosting the meet up. Wow what a fun afternoon it was. I was most impressed at the number of all grain brewers who are around and popped out of the woodwork. Did I mention the food was awesome? I went home and did heaps of reading up on Trinidad scorpion butch t chillies that weekend!

I am now fermenting the 'MacGyver Mild' from the brewday, using wyeast 1469 west Yorkshire ale. The mash was a little more efficient than I had hoped so OG was 1.040 instead of 1.034. It just means a bit more alcoholic for than the healthful, hearty table beer I was going for nevertheless I'll bring it to share for the next event. The heat of fermentation is just enough to keep the brew fermenting at 18c right now - no extra heat needed. The 3L that wouldn't fit from cube to fermenter was used to stew up some apples with cinnamon and allspice, bit of sugar. The apples went into a kick arse pie and I'm drinking some of the mulled wort now. It's great.

In terms of how regularly to meet as a club I'm wondering if bi-monthly might be nice. As homebrewers that gives us enough time to have fermented or conditioned something in between meetings. It is also regular enough to keep momentum (important seeing as we have lots of energy right now). I like the idea of a mini brew off challenge. People could use the same grain bill with a different yeast, then come back and explore/share results.

Latest posts

Back