Belgian Wit

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milpod

Reaction score
Is it possible to go from grain to brain in six days with this style.Being a wheat and all.fresh

Will be pitching a 2 lt starter,on a 1044 og. wort.I 'm sure i've read somewhere that this style benefits from warmer fermentation
temps.

Please tell all.

oh 3944 wyeast

Cheers milpod

Pitch enough yeast and you can be drinking anything within 6 days!

I've only used the White Labs yeast (400 & 410) and have had much better results in the upper end of the fermentation range - 20ish degrees. You're not looking for clear beer, so presuming you've reached terminal gravity after 5 days you'll probably be OK to keg.

A few suggestions:
If you have time, get a starter going to minimize lag time after pitching.
Brew for a lower OG - 1045 or so.
The spices mellow with age. If you're drinking young, think about cutting back a bit (20%)?

Good luck!

Pitch enough yeast and you can be drinking anything within 6 days!

I've only used the White Labs yeast (400 & 410) and have had much better results in the upper end of the fermentation range - 20ish degrees. You're not looking for clear beer, so presuming you've reached terminal gravity after 5 days you'll probably be OK to keg.

A few suggestions:
If you have time, get a starter going to minimize lag time after pitching.
Brew for a lower OG - 1045 or so.
The spices mellow with age. If you're drinking young, think about cutting back a bit (20%)?

Good luck!

Thanks for insight,"insight" but I mentioned all that in OP
What temp,will it handle?

Reading is not my forte obviously!

Going through my records, 22 degrees is the highest I've gone and it was left for 10 days in primary before kegging. From notes, it suffered no averse effects. No idea when terminal gravity was reached though, sorry.

Reading is not my forte obviously!

Going through my records, 22 degrees is the highest I've gone and it was left for 10 days in primary before kegging. From notes, it suffered no averse effects. No idea when terminal gravity was reached though, sorry.

Thanks for your help dude;)

PS I lived in Chatswood for a while

Back