Beersmith Vs Promash

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingerlickin_B

Mo Bitta, Mo Betta!
Reaction score
I did a search including both words beersmith and promash but came up with nothing.

Just got ProMash and finding it annoying that I cannot enter Metric specifications, only Imperial.

Also, I find the user interface a bit of a PITA to use.

Input from people who have used both (even if just the evaluation versions) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not about to download the evaluation version of BeerSmith just to find it's no better than ProMash...I've only got 48k limited dial-up :(

PZ.

In Promash, try clicking... Options - System settings - Measurements, Sizes and Precision.

Here you will find the options to select metric.

I did a search including both words beersmith and promash but came up with nothing.

Just got ProMash and finding it annoying that I cannot enter Metric specifications, only Imperial.

Input from people who have used both (even if just the evaluation versions) would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not about to download the evaluation version of BeerSmith just to find it's no better than ProMash...I've only got 48k limited dial-up :(

PZ.

Think laterally F-B. Quick search on "brewing programs" came up with this thread

4 pages of info, so hopefully some help there.

If it is the interface which is the major hurdle confronting you with promash, then beersmith may be your answer. Much friendlier. IMHO.

PZ.

Think laterally F-B. Quick search on "brewing programs" came up with this thread

4 pages of info, so hopefully some help there.

If it is the interface which is the major hurdle confronting you with promash, then beersmith may be your answer. Much friendlier. IMHO.

I agree with Stu. I trialled both and both were great. I liked the friendlier face of Beersmith so went with it. I've been very happy with it for over 2 years now :) That said, I think whichever you go with of the two you won't look back. Take the plunge and buy one. You know it makes sense! :lol:

Shawn.

I've looked at both. I find Promash easier. But, each to his own...

RTFM

WTF? Read the f*cking manual perhaps?

Oh, and thanks to you other guys..sounds like BeerSmith is a goer :beer:

PZ.

Without being rude, I hope.
Aaron has a point.
Whistlingjack's solution is not hard to find.
I am no IT genius, but I reckon if there is an options tab it is there to be used.

Similarly with search functions.
Put in one word searches for beersmith or promash in AHB and you will get heaps of responses (provided flood control is not on, as it is at the moment because members are trying to help you f-b!).
The thread titles are a good guide to which are useful.

Some people swear by the functions of Promash FWIW ;)

Yeah, I'll admit, I didn't even see the tabs at the top...too many of the product maybe :lol:

Wish I'd never started this thread now, as after finding that it seems ok :ph34r:

Thanks guys and sorry to kinda' waste your time.

PZ.

No problems F-B.

Ask a question and you'll get answers...in varying degrees of relevance.

I think that's what internet forums are all about.

Beersmith for me :) Every few months this comes up, which is best?
I have both. Beersmith wins for me.

Don't worry f-b.
You personally have helped many people with questions on this forum that could've been searched for. I don't think it's a big deal.
As for wasting people's time... I don't think that anyone reading and posting on these forums is pressed for time :)
My vote is for BeerSmith, but I have heard the new BeerTools program is going to be a cracker. I'll be looking at it once it's had a chance to mature a bit.
You can download a trial version of Beersmith at beersmith.com. Probably at least worth a look if you have broad band
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back