Beersmith V2

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOG

Reaction score
Does anyone have any additional report template for Beersmith V2?

I'm actually looking for a simple lable maker report that sucks out the detailed Receipe infro from Beersmith.

BOG

P.S i've been to the beersmith forum , nothing there.

Does anyone have any additional report template for Beersmith V2?

I'm actually looking for a simple lable maker report that sucks out the detailed Receipe infro from Beersmith.

BOG

P.S i've been to the beersmith forum , nothing there.

As in it's name, date brewed, and the vital stats?

I don't have one, but would be very interested in this too.

Happy to have a go tonight unless someone has one. Post up what stats ur after specifically

Happy to have a go tonight unless someone has one. Post up what stats ur after specifically

Not wanting to hijack BOG's thread, but if you could do one up that had:

Beer Name
ABV
IBU's
Date brewed

would be awesome!

You have to love the automatic unit conversion. Just put in "5 gal" or whatever and tab and it automatically converts it to metric.

what i'm after is:

Name of the Beer
Style
Date Brewed
SG / FG
% ALC

And a open notes section to add something like "Drink at 10deg"

would be great if someone could knock one up, or at least expalin how to do it and I'll have a go.

One pet hate of V2 is the Litres marked a lower case L , not upper case as per metric convention.

And you cannot change the colums shown in the reciepe view.

I'm sure there will be many updates to this release version.

Moderators: Can we get a Brewing Software Section??

BOG

I agree its about time for a software section. Would make finding these threads easier :rolleyes:

Anyways back on topic I have run up a few test reports for the labels you guys where after. They are in plain text so you can format as you please if necessary in your favourite editor such as Word.

So to get this all started you will need to ensure the following fields are all selected and information filled out in the recipe screen (the ones below the red dashed line). The OG and FG will draw information from this and calculate the actual ABV for both the reports I am putting up. To do this its as simple as selecting the fields and ensure they are on the main recipe screen.

Start by hitting the 'Select Fields' button on the recipe design screen in any recipe you have. Then ensure at least the 4 fields are added to the right hand side box from the left (mine are already added so it should look like that in the end). The image showing the final is below.

addinglabelreports1.jpg

Ok so now we have the necessary fields they need to be populated with information so we can get it onto the final product. The OG and FG fields are pretty self explanatory on what should go in those and the ABV field will automatically populate from these. The semi tricky one is the Storage Temp field, which is my botchish attempt to get an easily working product. This will show up as 'Serve Temp' on the final report so just populate the field with the desired serve temp.

So now we have the fields filled out and populated its time to get the report added to Beersmith so we can start using it. I have added two reports with the fields requested by BOG and Big Nath. We shall call Labelreport1 BOG's and Labelreport2 Big Nath's just to keep my beer filled mind functioning B)

LabelReport1 (aka BOGedy BOGS fields)

This has:
NAME
STYLE
BREW DATE
OG/FG
ABV
SERVE TEMP

View attachment LabelReport1.txt

LabelReport2 (aka Big Nath's fields)

This has:
NAME
BREW DATE
IBU
ABV

View attachment LabelReport2.txt

So you can download either or both whichever you choose.

Now onto adding the reports to use in Beersmith. Firstly copy the files or initially download them to 'Documents\BeerSmith2\Reports' (This is the folder for Vista/7) and if your using XP it will more than likely just be under your My Documents folder but as I havent got an install on XP it might require a bit of hunting.

Once they are copied into the folder jump back into Beersmith and select up on the top menu bar TOOLS -> OPTIONS. This will bring up the Options menu screen where you will want to click on the Reports tab on the left hand side. Next click on 'Add Report' to bring up the next menu. Fill it out as below for LabelReport1 and if you are using LabelReport2 just change the 1 to a 2 in the 'File Name' section. Also dont feel you have you use LabelReport1 in the name field this is open to your creativeness so 'keifer33 is awesome report' will do just fine also. Finally click ok and repeat for the other report if necessary.

addinglabelreports2.jpg

Ok so we are on the home strech now if youve manage to stay awake/interested long enough. Now the fun part of using your reports. Simply go back to your recipe list and where you normally choose your reports use the drop down box to select the report

addinglabelreports3.jpg

And if all went well it will nicely list it like this.

addinglabelreports4.jpg

Now time to have another brew :chug:

Nice one Keifer

BTW the default xp path seems to be "X:\Documents and Settings\Name\My Documents\BeerSmith2\Reports\", so the same place.

Latest posts

Back