Beers From Overseas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommygun

Reaction score
Hey peoples

Just wondering if anyone knows, possible online, where to get some good overseas beers for a decent price I was looking for some of the Sierra Nevada stuff like seasonal or special releases? Had a look on beerstore.com and internationalbeershop.com.au but they only have the SNPA. Otherwise best beer stores round Sydney where you've found overseas special releases? any help would be great :icon_cheers:

thanks,

Tom

Platinum Cellars in Concord is a good place to start, online you could also try slowbeer.com.au -- though you don't often see the special release stuff in Oz.

cheers

grant

+1 for platinum cellars..

You won't find too many seasonals from the states make their way over here. Due to the huge demand over there for craft beers and the different liquor laws in each of the states it is not worth their while to export to OZ.

Bierkraft in Brooklyn have a pretty impressive range, although I think you will find the postage costs to be prohibitive..

+1 for platinum cellars..

You won't find too many seasonals from the states make their way over here. Due to the huge demand over there for craft beers and the different liquor laws in each of the states it is not worth their while to export to OZ.

Bierkraft in Brooklyn have a pretty impressive range, although I think you will find the postage costs to be prohibitive..

Well Rogue is over there and worth the taste. As a side note I had the Sierra Southern Hemisphere the other night at our club meeting (I bought it to try). I do not like IPAs as a rule but it was nice. It was one of the first to go. Good balance and nice taste. Hope you can get it some day to see what us Yanks are doing with your hops. Also hope it does not go over well as we will buy all the NZ hops and you will not have any left.

I've had bottled beer (330ml) sent from Belgium. Postage worked out to be about A$10 per bottle.

PS. Pay for a courier if you order from the US because their postal service sucks. I ordered some beer paraphanlia from a US brewer about 8 weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

Well Rogue is over there and worth the taste.

You're right, beers from the Rogue, and Snake Dog brewery are available here (at platinum cellars). Rogue - You will pay $19 for a bottle of their standard fare, and upwards of $40 for a bottle from the imperial range. The Snake Dog beers are more reasonably priced and IMO well worth trying!! The Sam Adams Boston Lager is also readily available.

Oh and lets not forget Budweiser :p

Latest posts

Back