Beers, Chat And General Discussion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennuttall

Reaction score
Gday everyone!

I missed the first B.A.R get together (a few months ago I believe?) due to work which I was distinctly crapped off about!

I'm pretty new into the homebrewing side of things - I still do kit brewing and some stovetop partial mashes - and am interested in talking to a few of you guys about how you expanded, recipe development, pretty much anything about beer!

So where I'm going with this is this: is there another brewday/catch up session being planned? And if not, how many of you would be up for an evening sometime soon having a few beers, talking about said beers and such things?

Hopefully meet some of you all soon!

Cheers
MacBrew

Gday everyone!

I missed the first B.A.R get together (a few months ago I believe?) due to work which I was distinctly crapped off about!

I'm pretty new into the homebrewing side of things - I still do kit brewing and some stovetop partial mashes - and am interested in talking to a few of you guys about how you expanded, recipe development, pretty much anything about beer!

So where I'm going with this is this: is there another brewday/catch up session being planned? And if not, how many of you would be up for an evening sometime soon having a few beers, talking about said beers and such things?

Hopefully meet some of you all soon!

Cheers
MacBrew

Gday Mac - we are looking at September 11 as the next official shindig (although I saw almost everyone over the course of this weekend haha). We have a great mix of blokes, all with slightly different set ups ranging from small and rinky dink (me) to a couple of more high tech users. But we all make (and drink) great beer haha. We've had three "formal" meetings so far...

I'm always keen to talk shit and drink beer and pretty much every weekend I'll be doing something brew related (bottling, racking, brewing, drinking)...On Saturday 20th August I'll almost certainly be doing another double batch mash and brew day which any/all are welcome to attend (there's not much to look at until around midday which is when I start the sparge/boil).

My system has cost virtually nothing (I owned most of the stuff to begin with) and is a piece of p*ss to get a full volume batch out of, and is still pretty easy when doing a 10kg mash and producing slightly higher gravity wort which I dilute in the fermenter. Checkout the stovetop $30 threads etc for ideas. I don't actually do what is in those threads, but used them as inspiration to apply the theories with equipment I already owned or could afford (I'm a full time Uni student).

So if you want to PM me your mobile you can come along on the 20th, or if you just want to try a few AG beers and talk about process/gear etc then I'm always up for that too. My next beer will be cracked open around 2pmish this Friday... Depending on your work schedule etc...

Anyway, PM if interested.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

edit: why would I type 'shit' but then censor p*ss? Your guess is as good as mine.

Soyou are not having a Beer until Friday? :lol:

Mon - Thurs is a long, dry barren stretch of "clean living" to preserve my health and to be as effective at Uni as I can be. It generally works, but doesn't take much to convince me that something needs to be 'toasted'.

Did you run over my agapanthus in the driveway!? Herbo denied culpability so I'm looking at you! HIT AND RUN!

Also, did you get your grain? I have vague memories of Deano and I drinking beer while Herbo measured out grain in 225gm green plastic buckets... :p

Did you run over my agapanthus in the driveway!? Herbo denied culpability so I'm looking at you! HIT AND RUN!

Also, did you get your grain? I have vague memories of Deano and I drinking beer while Herbo measured out grain in 225gm green plastic buckets... :p

Not aware of any aggy incedent, might have to get forensics involved.

Yeah Billygoat has my grain, so its safe for now.

My next beer will be cracked open around 2pmish this Friday... Depending on your work schedule etc...

Hi Lecter
Unfortunately for me my current work schedule takes out almost all the weekend but Friday arvo before 4pm or evening after about 7.30 would work for me. I can also do Saturday mornings/early afternoons so I reckon I will come along on the 20th and say hello! Would be nice to see an AG set-up done with a cheap budget in action as that's what I'm going to be working with next year.

Also, for anyone that's interested there's going to be a big beer expo on at Dan Murphy's either this weekend or next that I will be running, along with Little Creatures, Mildura Brewery and hopefully Grand Ridge and O'Briens Brewing will be there too. If you do come along, say hello and introduce yourself to me - I'll be the staff member with the glasses in the middle :D

Cheers :beer:

MacBrew (Ben)

Hi Lecter
Unfortunately for me my current work schedule takes out almost all the weekend but Friday arvo before 4pm or evening after about 7.30 would work for me. I can also do Saturday mornings/early afternoons so I reckon I will come along on the 20th and say hello! Would be nice to see an AG set-up done with a cheap budget in action as that's what I'm going to be working with next year.

Also, for anyone that's interested there's going to be a big beer expo on at Dan Murphy's either this weekend or next that I will be running, along with Little Creatures, Mildura Brewery and hopefully Grand Ridge and O'Briens Brewing will be there too. If you do come along, say hello and introduce yourself to me - I'll be the staff member with the glasses in the middle :D

Cheers :beer:

MacBrew (Ben)

Definitely - make sure you update this thread (or start another) to let us know the date and time...I'll be there for sure.

If you want to drop around Friday arvo before 4pm for a quick chat thats fine, but if you want to leave it until the 20th that's no sweat either, just PM me.

Definitely - make sure you update this thread (or start another) to let us know the date and time...I'll be there for sure.

If you want to drop around Friday arvo before 4pm for a quick chat thats fine, but if you want to leave it until the 20th that's no sweat either, just PM me.

I'll probably leave it until the 20th, not going to have as much time tomorrow as I had hoped.

Also, I managed to get my months out of whack lol, beer expo is not until September 17th...keep an eye out for further updates and ads etc

Latest posts

Back