Beerfest 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beerfest 2005 is nearly upon us. If you haven't brewed your $500 entry yet then you had better get started.

Entries should be in to collection points by Feb 1.

Details and entry forms at Beerfest official web page

Hi Everyone - as a newish newbie who was thinking of entering a comp for the first time I was wondering if someone could direct me to the Vic Guidelines which my brews should adhere to?

Thanks in anticipation

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial said:
Hi Everyone - as a newish newbie who was thinking of entering a comp for the first time I was wondering if someone could direct me to the Vic Guidelines which my brews should adhere to?
The link Jason gave is correct. If you have any questions which category your beer fits into, get in touch (PM or email me).

cheers

Managed to scrape the bottom of the last two remaining kegs (been a brewing drought here over christmas... but back into it this weekend :)) & mail off 2 entries.....

California Steam Beer - Which is judged as a Pale Ale!
GT Rice Lager - Specialty

Asher for now

Well if the heat doesnt kill em I sent an APA and Munich Helles. Heres hoping for a decent score :)

Beerfest is the first comp i have ever entered, and i brewed a nut brown ale. However, when i tasted it, with the guidelines in my hot little hand, it seemed more like a robust porter, so, after asking the wife a few questions ( who is bound to be impartial as she doesnt like the dark stuff!!!), i still entered it, but in the dark ale class as a robust porter!!. Not hoping for anything, just keen to get my beer judged/assessed/commented on by people in the know.

sent my one entry in.octoberfest.biggest fears....heat...distance.....and the friggin cost.postage from this far flung place is out there. :(

big d B)

Hi everyone - have to share my sadness with someone -following the news that the beer that the Pyssedas gang most wanted to enter "Big Black Bertha" [a Russian Imperial Stout" we only had left in stubbies - we tried to rebottle and regas some stubbies into long necks but they did not regas properly - it was the bestest beer we had ever made but now will never be tasted

lesser beers but still entered are "son of bertha" [made with the remenants of bertha's fermenter], bermingham bathwater, and one of the infamous chicken beers - actually not all that nice [which is more a beer problem than a chicken problem if that makes sense]

sigh

Good work PyssedAs. Just remind me which category you entered the chicken beer.

Also did you use chook pellets for bittering?

BTW Last minute entries into BeerFest won't be accepted this year (unless extreme duress can be demonstrated) - the entry form clearly states Feb 1 as cutoff date. I'm sure it doesn't apply to anyone on here but just making sure.

cheers

Forgive my memory on the precise category as i don't have the forms infront of me - but "speciality" or whichever phrase is most like that - being a judge in this category I expect would be an interesting task at the best of times

Geez... I hope they get to mine before yours!!! :unsure: :lol:

Pyssedas Heavy Industrial said:
Forgive my memory on the precise category as i don't have the forms infront of me - but "speciality" or whichever phrase is most like that - being a judge in this category I expect would be an interesting task at the best of times
There is always a queue to judge the high gravity.

So....
Did anyone head out to the Grand Ridge on the weekend to check out the judging of beerfest 2005?

Obviously Vlad.... B)
But prizes aside...... was wondering if it was a good show.

It was a cracker of a show. If you ever get a chance, it is one of the most fun weekends going.

And the results can be found via:

http://melbournebrewers.org/wiki/BeerFest

Congratulations to Geoffrey Bryant for Best Beer of Show with a Belgian Dubbel.

I will update it with the aggregate prizes when I get a chance.

Thank you to everyone who participated, score sheets for club brewers will be distributed to the club and the remainder will be posted out in due course.

Latest posts

Back