Beerbelly mashpilot breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont get me wrong its served me well and continues to do so but as i get into brewing more there are certain things that bug me about it im not really interested in fixing them and have the money so figure stuff it

rehabs_for_quitters said:
Just quietly :icon_offtopic: are they using a plate heat exchanger for herms on there systems?
The complete set up that was on display in the shop some time ago had a coil in the HLT for the herms heat exchanger.

It may pay anyone interested to ring / email them to find the current specs.

dicko said:
The complete set up that was on display in the shop some time ago had a coil in the HLT for the herms heat exchanger.

It may pay anyone interested to ring / email them to find the current specs.
The image I was looking at looked like it had two plate heat exchangers maybe I need some beer to sort my vision out in fact I will its time for a saison

rehabs_for_quitters said:
The image I was looking at looked like it had two plate heat exchangers maybe I need some beer to sort my vision out in fact I will its time for a saison
You are correct mate the one I have seen did have two plate heat exchangers but they were for chilling the wort at the end of the boil, not for use as a herms as far as I know.

Feldon said:
I think we have a Free Trade Agreement with the US now, so that would kill the import duty.

indica86 said:
For people importing stuff on their own?

I doubt that but if it it=s true will change a whole loit
Yes, for anyone importing stuff from the US and some other countries, business or private. There are certain regulations around it and the stuff obviously has to be produced in the US, not build in China then sold in the US. Do your own research before you commit.

GST still applies.

For me I'd be looking at stout tanks for a bling 3v setup I think Gav (member here) was the local retailer, polished inside and out and built from scratch with the only intended purpose of brewing, not cheap either though.

Latest posts

Back