Beer Taps Question (with Link To Item)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine HERE I got the 525ss with shank but I bought 2 and was only about $120 for both delivered they want $55US delivery for one now :S sure I didnt pay that much.

OH I see they say you can get 3 in one box so the shipping should be the same if you buy 3 of them I hope. Dont quote me on my exact price, but they seem more reasonable if you get a few at a time.

not bad one me barls linked to includes barb but no handle. Only prob is the barb is big well not sure the size but with john guest hose its a pita to get on i had chunks out of my hands trying to squeeze them on lol it went with multiple hot water baths and skin graphs at least you dont need a clip to hold it on its not going anywhere you gotto cut the hose before the barb and cut the hose length ways so you can fold it off no way they will come off lol

i hate the barbs as well for that reason. i did find that if i opened the top of the kettle and sit the hose in there for a little bit then burn the crap out of my hands while sliding it on, they never come off but you do need clamps still just incase.

yeah I have clamps never thought of putting them on as there is no way I can pull them off so thought 80psi isnt going to blow them off lol might get around to putting them on soon

Just wondering if anyone uses these taps and if they have any feedback on them.
Looking at purchasing a couple myself (there is a few sellers with the same taps on Ebay) but would like to know if they are alright or not first before committing...

Link to taps in question
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Draft-Beer-Tap-Fauc...=item1c18ec92ca

They're okay. They pour beer fine I reckon. The only drawbacks to a tap like that over a more expensive ones are:

* How long they last. Chrome can come off for example.
* The way they seal means you'll need to pull them apart and clean them more.
* They don't have the bling factor.

They're perfectly good taps, I use one for a party setup.

I bought mine HERE I got the 525ss with shank but I bought 2 and was only about $120 for both delivered they want $55US delivery for one now :S sure I didnt pay that much.

OH I see they say you can get 3 in one box so the shipping should be the same if you buy 3 of them I hope. Dont quote me on my exact price, but they seem more reasonable if you get a few at a time.

I'll give a plus one here (+1) quality taps... love em, pour great and good looking too

Thanks Mark.
Has anyone else used these taps? (I'm NOT after feedback on the Perlicks thanks lol)
I have just purchased 4 so I'm hoping they will be ok, even if I just use them for now and slowly upgrade 1 at a time...

Back