Beer tap handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get stainless steel [Edit: Threaded Inserts] from "Cross Tools" near Newcastle.
I had a bit of trouble finding stainless steel ones, so I'll add this here in case someone else is looking.
Of course I never got around to my holiday project of carving some tap handles... *sigh*

I have no affiliation with this company, just bought some threaded inserts from them once.
No-one in Australia seems to call them "ferrules", maybe that's a USofA thing.

From our email conversation ~

[...] I do have some self tapping inserts
in 3/8"-16 and in stainless steel. They are generally used in metal or
plastic but would probably do your job. To see a picture of them go to our
website and click on the "Other Inserts" button on the left hand side panel.
The variety we have is the one with the hole in it as pictured on the site
"Self Tapping Inserts"

[SIZE=18pt]www.crosstools.com.auhttp://www.crosstools.com.au/[/SIZE]

I appreciate the research, but that would cost me $26.70 for one with freight. What I'm thinking of doing is buying on like this

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390685567.992643.jpg

This was more beer.com which don't freight to Australia but offer free shipping in the states.

Or this

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390685644.650780.jpg

Keg works who will freight to Australia, but are a bit pricy. Get them sent to a company like this

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1390685829.119566.jpg

A bit of mucking around but if I can get all the attaching hardware for a handle and keep it down to about $10, I'll be happy with that

Morebeer, ships to Australia. Just costs an obscene amount of cash. I bought all my taps from Morebeer.

The twin was harder to make but I'm happy with the result

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391292282.717110.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1391292336.652020.jpg

I'm still keen to order some gold coloured finials for the top. If anyone is ordering from keg works on eBay let me know, maybe a combined order to cut down the freight costs could be arranged.

Where did you end up getting your tap accessories from seato? And which parts did you actually get?

Back