Beer Smith Water Profiles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murcluf

The Mystical Meerkat
Reaction score
I am currently giving Beer Smith for a test drive and am pretty happy with it, but to my dismay when going through the water profiles I discovered Adeladie tap water absent from the list :eek:
I gather this is only a small over site on the programmers part. As we are all aware that Adelaide tap water is the benchmark water of the world.

So to save me waiting until this issue is corrected in the next version is their anyone out the who may have an Adelaide water profile to add to my Beer Smith? If you have one for filtered Adelaide water it would be a bonus. :D

I have not already added it to beersmith but you can get the water profile from the local water company. United water in our case I think. Filtered water will differ greatly depending on the type of filtration you use.

This is the water profile I have in my Beersmith, not sure where I got it from though, and not sure if its for filtered or not (doubt it because of the chloride).

View attachment adelwater.bsm

Does anyone the profile for Bundaberg,,,mmm chroline......

>"As we are all aware that Adelaide tap water is the benchmark water of the world."

--Too thick to drink, too thin to plough..... ;)

I am currently giving Beer Smith for a test drive and am pretty happy with it, but to my dismay when going through the water profiles I discovered Adeladie tap water absent from the list :eek:
I gather this is only a small over site on the programmers part. As we are all aware that Adelaide tap water is the benchmark water of the world.

So to save me waiting until this issue is corrected in the next version is their anyone out the who may have an Adelaide water profile to add to my Beer Smith? If you have one for filtered Adelaide water it would be a bonus. :D
How do you calculate all the urine and sh*t from Qld etc all the way down to South Australia? :)

>"As we are all aware that Adelaide tap water is the benchmark water of the world."

--Too thick to drink, too thin to plough..... ;)

Perhaps they thought since we all use filters it wasn't necessary to put it in?? :p

Actually, we do have one advantage over a lot of the world. Our water is chlorinated,
not chloraminated, which means the chlorine can be removed with a carbon filter
and we don't have to add metabisulphite to get rid of it. And why our water stinks
like a swimming pool if its not filtered.

(and we can put fish straight into a fish tank after a few days of letting the
chlorine evaporate).

every cloud ... :)

-braufrau

This is the water profile I have in my Beersmith, not sure where I got it from though, and not sure if its for filtered or not (doubt it because of the chloride).

View attachment 11587

Thanks for that Adamt it imported in a real treat, I am impressed ;)

Don't want to push my lucky but you wouldn't happen to have .bsm for Morgan's Master Blend Chocolate Malt by any chance.

Cheers :beer:

i got a water report from sa water here in port lincoln (sa) about 18 months ago,out of curiosity after reading john palmers book.well,the why;s and wherefore's as just why the hell i wanted a water report, and what i was going to do with it,as well as who i would show it to was mind boggling.even after explaining the hb angle.... my answer was ,i want too make beer with it.(but was told i could not use the report to assist in the setting up of a commercial brewery) ahhh for .... sake... :huh: ...cheers...spog...

Thanks for that Adamt it imported in a real treat, I am impressed ;)

Don't want to push my lucky but you wouldn't happen to have .bsm for Morgan's Master Blend Chocolate Malt by any chance.

Cheers :beer:

Luck pushed, sorry!

Latest posts

Back