Beer Related Child Names

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic stuff Doc - hope all is going well. Good to see the Abbey name noting the A delaide B rewing E xcellence is recognised.

cheers
roach

abbey, it is then!! though i am now forced to enjoy either the red or white chimay i was saving for a special occasion. heck, not much more special than this. one, sunday afternoon (also my birthday), and one christmas. hip-hip-hooray!!
joe

Chimay blue for me tonight then Doc.... full credit!

dreamboat

congratulations doc and family.
im at work on sunday so will have a beer for you tonight and then again on days off.love your daughters name.

regards
big d

Congrats Doc & Family,

I'll have a couple of Leffe's in honor.:)

Cheers,

Crispy

My congratulations too.

I knew there was a reason not to make this an alcohol free day.

slainte :chug:

Good effort Doc.

Sincere congrats to you and your wife.

Big responsibility but the name says it all. She will in the long run age beautifully :)

Steve.

Yep, Congrats Doc, top name 'n all. Good to hear everybody is healthy.

My wife is due in April, so I'll have to start working on the names now too ;) I think I'll struggle to get anything too obvious past though, and Abbey is already taken :lol:

Top darts :chug: :chug: :chug:

Shawn.

My next brew will be an Abbey brew , well included in the name anyway , and a couple of bottle will be coming your way Doc.

Batz :ph34r:

Thanks again guys.
Abbey is still in the special care nursery but coming along great guns.

I'm brewing this morning using some of my new kit. So much for an early night to bed last night, as I was getting all the new bits plumbed and tested. Also got the gas manifold in the keg freezer.

Fired up the new NASA burner last night to do a dry run with some water through the new CPWC and inline aerator at about 10:30pm. I'm sure the neigbhours thought there was a hot air balloon over the street :lol:

Luckily I did a dry run. Found and fixed a couple of leaks. All good to go today (mash is already 30mins in). Found some sodium hydroxide in the cupboard and thought I'd use that to sterlise the CPWC, but did a quick double check on HTB and it is bad for brass. Damm, the CPWC has brass fittings. There went the idea of immersing the whole thing. So just filled up the inner coils. Have to get some idophor.

The brew today is a Saison, as I need something not too challenging for testing the new gear. If that goes well tomorrow morning will be an HourglassIPA. Still have to work on a special recipe for Abbey. My son already has his beer namesake (Aidans Irish Red).

Beers,
Doc

Back