Beer Nipples

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicelore

Reaction score
SOO now that iv got your attention

lol

How do you guys get your nipple/barb things off your kornys to change the seals ??

In particular the star shaped ones ?? i recon some monkey grips would fck them right up if i just try them.

Cheers guys

you talking keg posts???
if so i just use a ring spanner

Yea man i didnt know what they are called.

what about the star looking ones ?? ring spanner do them too ??

Cheers vice.

Do you mean the gas in and beer out posts when you said 'nipple/barb things' ?

If so then Deep Throat Sockets should do the trick !

Not kidding either. I've got a set of imperial ones that are actually called 'Deep Throat' sockets. The socket is about twice as long as a standard socket. I bought a set because I found that some posts required different sized sockets to fit properly.

gary

7/8" ring spanner will do both posts on a corny.

7/8" ring spanner will do both posts on a corny.
Depends on the posts. Some posts have a star-shaped base while others are six-sided. Also some are 7/8" and some aren't. Thats why I bought a set of sockets. Some of my posts are star-shaped and some aren't and some take a 7/8" spanner and some don't.

Ring spanner won't do the star-shaped posts but a socket will.

gary

Ok thanks guys ill raid my mates tool set.

Cheers vice

Sorry to disagree with you, but the 7/8" ring spanner I have does all the star shaped posts on my cornies, as well as the hex shaped ones.

silveringspannLS06.jpg

This is the shape or the ring spanner you need.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the 7/8" ring spanner I have does all the star shaped posts on my cornies, as well as the hex shaped ones.

As I said previously 'Some of my posts are star-shaped and some aren't and some take a 7/8" spanner and some don't '.

I just checked again to make sure that I'm not a total tooltard and confirmed that I have a star-shaped post that takes a 7/8" socket and another post that takes a 11/16" socket. So there are at least two different sized spanners than may be required. Hopefully vicelore has all posts sized the same. :)

gary

I had tried all the regular sizes mentioned here but found nothing fit. After going back and forth I bought a whole spanner set from Bunnings for 10 bucks and it fits anything now :)

so just go to Bunnings and get a set of open ended spanners

I had the same issues when I got my kegs, 3 of them needed 11/16" to undo them and bloody 1 of them needed a bigger 22mm ring spanner to get it off, did I have one?? No.. :angry:

Off to Bunnings at 830 at night, just bought a $13 set of about 25 ring spanners and all was good, its a good idea to double check the size of the posts when you buy them to see if you do have tools to undo them.. :rolleyes:

Cheers

As far as I know, there are two sizes, 11/16" and 7/8". I managed to get one of each with my two kegs. I could get the 11/16" off with a shifter and the hex 7/8" as well but the gas in post is a 12-sided 7/8" which is just about impossible to move with anything other than a 7/8" ring spanner (or deep socket).

I went looking through a few places trying to find an imperial set that had both sizes and was a reasonable price (since I'm not going to use them for anything else) but couldn't find anything. Ended up picking a ring spanner of each size at a local motor parts shop from their box of assorted spanners - $2 each.

I am going outside now....to scream

Batz :ph34r:

Sorry Batz
Should have been clearer. Pic was a 12 point ring. You can also get a 6 point ring that will not work on the star posts.

Posted this as someone else said a ring would not do the star posts

Latest posts

Back