Beer Masons

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just noticed its a guy from this mob on Masterchef, yes I am a suck for these shows, love em just about as much as I hate huey. linky poo

I heard that he was a "Beer Merchant" and was wondering whether that was a classy way of saying "bottle shop monkey" or not... Haven't seen him spruik any nice craft beers yet (not necessarily advertise, but you know, use the opportunity to raise awareness), though on the show they only seem to drink tiny servings of wine in massive glasses.

I thought the same adam but he actually mentioned beer masons tonite and had a shot of him individually packing some great beers into boxes, checked the site and yeah seems he might actually be a bit more of the real deal then we both thought.

A friend of my lady knows him. According to them he's an avid homebrewer

Posted some info here

I didn't expect him to last this long.

Kabooby :)

yeah i noticed it last night also. I wondered wtf beer merchant meant if not a bottlo jockey.
he may have menionted craftbeer but its been edited out. the show is about food so maybe they are limiting the talk to just food.

beer masons good idea but overpriced.

Thirroul Cellars, The Oxford, Figtree Cellars (and Tostis LOL).

Picked up 750ml Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monde & Maudite in a box from a bottle shop in Berry (Between Nowra and Wollongong)

Am yet to open them

Cheers

Open them! Thirroul Cellars has an extensive range of Unibroue. I'll cry if they delete them like they did the Schieders range.

Chris got to indirectly plug Beermasons in his cook-off. I say good on him.
They did have a James Squire Golden Ale as one of the limited 'ingredients' in one of the challenges last week. Chris didn't use it, instead, he finished his dish and drank the beer.

I heard that he was a "Beer Merchant" and was wondering whether that was a classy way of saying "bottle shop monkey" or not... Haven't seen him spruik any nice craft beers yet (not necessarily advertise, but you know, use the opportunity to raise awareness), though on the show they only seem to drink tiny servings of wine in massive glasses.

They did have a James Squire Golden Ale as one of the limited 'ingredients' in one of the challenges last week. Chris didn't use it, instead, he finished his dish and drank the beer.

i dont think anybody actually used the beer in there cooking... I like his style of cooking! The show is much better now all the auditions are over!

Picked up 750ml Trois Pistoles, La Fin Du Monde & Maudite in a box from a bottle shop in Berry (Between Nowra and Wollongong)

Am yet to open them

Cheers
I got this pack from First Choice yesterday. Tasted them all last night (I'd had La Fin Du Monde before). Very tasty...

Thirroul Cellars, The Oxford, Figtree Cellars (and Tostis LOL).

Open them! Thirroul Cellars has an extensive range of Unibroue. I'll cry if they delete them like they did the Schieders range.

I enjoyed the end of the world last night. Very nice.

Should we boost the numbers on his Facebook fan page ?
;)

Doc

The steak tartare (spelling?) he did the other night was a stroke of genius.

i dont think anybody actually used the beer in there cooking... I like his style of cooking! The show is much better now all the auditions are over!

Looks like Lion Nathan have the Masterchef sponsorship tied up. He cooked a chocolate cupcake with the JS Porter tonight. Got to spruik beer and food a bit - good to see!

...The show is much better now all the auditions are over!

'Tis ok, still nowhere near as good as the original pommy version tho.
They've butchered it like the yanks did(and us) to Top Gear, Life on Mars, The Office, etc etc

Digging up an old thread but those who do have an interest in them the site below, a deal site, has an offer for the 1st month at a reduced price.
No affiliation blah blah blah...

Beer Masons Offer

Edit: Oh, and it's a time only deal, it runs out at 11pm...

Just bumping this as I am working my way through, with 'assistance' ;) from my lovely wife, my half price welcome pack now and I did see the deal for Brisbane repeated the other day so try the link I sent above if you are interested...

I remember looking into this when they first started and following ANHC 2008 and not thinking it was very good value but in my opinion that is certainly no longer the case.

The 17 odd beers I received would certainly have cost me more than the full price of a Beer Masons pack in a bottle store, assuming I could get them at all here in Brisbane even at the best places like Nectar.

They have all been top notch beers in this welcome pack.
I do have one slight thing to mention. My introductory pack was supposed to contain a number of 3 Ravens Bronze, which I'll admit isn't a bad beer per se, but when it was replaced with extra bottles of De Ranke XX Bitter Belgian IPA and Ska Brewing Ten Pin Porter as a replacement I was most certainly not upset... I might complain, but not until I've finished them all :) ;)

Back