Beer Leaking From Keg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmolou

Reaction score
one of my kegs has beer slowly coming out of the out valve when its not hooked up to the beer disconnect? is this normal? and how do i fix it if not??

cheers in advance :D

one of mine does that, you just need to put a "kit" through the valve or leave it connected the whole time :)

Sounds like either the seal on the popet valve is worn or the popet itself is rooted. Nope not normal, had this happen to me once, had a keg sitting in the kitchen over night, woke up in the morning to a beery mess all over the tiles, lucky I didn't have it sitting on the carpet, SWMBO would have tore my nuts off

one of my kegs has beer slowly coming out of the out valve when its not hooked up to the beer disconnect? is this normal? and how do i fix it if not??

cheers in advance :D

Leaking beer is never normal, unless it's going down ya gob.

If it's from the beer out post try reseating the poppet in the middle. It is spring loaded and can sometimes get offset allowing a little leakage.

Spray it with a bit of soapy water, it will bubble if there are any leaks.

Cheers. :beerbang:

+1 for Gibbo, Try reseating the poppet or pop down to your LHBS and purchase another 1

I've had two leaking posts (1 beer, 1 gas) on my recent 4xkeg purchase. Both fixed themselves after reconnecting a 'disconnect' and then removing.
Probably wasn't sitting right. Another option is to relube the washer (if in good condition) with more lube. It seemed to work when I had a leaking valve on the pressure release valve.

Latest posts

Back