Beer Going Flat In The Line To The Tap.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nabs478

Reaction score
G'day,

I have a few taps on a fridge in my garage with kegs connected. I have installed about 1.5m of 8mm LDPE tubing from the outpost to the tap of each keg to assist slow pouring to get the right head. I have noticed that if I pour a beer from one of the taps, the longer I leave it until the next pour from that tap, the flatter the first beer that comes through the lines will be. The amount of flat beer going flat is about the amount you would find in the tube (about 75mm). If you leave the tap for about 4 days, the beer in the line is kind of flattish, so that if you only wanted a 300mL glass it would be fizzy enough, but only just. After about a week though, you need to pour out the first 75mL.

Does anyone else experience this? If so, do you need a different type of tube or what?

I would be surprised if that type of tube leaked CO2 through it walls, as it is the standard beer hose as I understand it.

Any help would be good.

Thanks

I have never experienced this- there is a negligible amount of beer in your lines to affect carbonation, even if it is losing CO2.

I experience this aswell. My beer lines get warm though between the tap and the fridge.

Kabooby :)

I thought it was just the warm tap driving Co2 out, I haven't really noticed a difference after leaving for 1, 4 or 7 days.
Not to say it doesn't happen, I just rarely rest my keg for 7 days :p

Latest posts

Back