Beer & Glasses $20 @ Dans

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this is how the glass looks full of their dunkelweizen:
View attachment 59059
Which by the way I had to swap from their fridge for the Pilsner that was in the box (along with a hefe and kristall), when nobody was looking (not that they should care given they're all the same price).

Not sure this glass could be described as thin though, it's feels pretty bloody hefty to me. Will weigh it when i finish this dunkel and edit accordingly...
Oops, forgot I only had a short time to edit. The glass is 452gm which is pretty beefy, i've got other pint sized glasses that are 260gm, and some 300ml ones that are 335. A lot of that could come down to the base though I guess.

Which by the way I had to swap from their fridge for the Pilsner that was in the box (along with a hefe and kristall), when nobody was looking (not that they should care given they're all the same price).

Not sure this glass could be described as thin though, it's feels pretty bloody hefty to me. Will weigh it when i finish this dunkel and edit accordingly...

Mix your own boxed set, awesome!

Yeah I don't see why not....all the 500ml Weihenstephaner beers are the same price...and that area at Dan's is well hidden regardless! Just act like you know what you're doing...if anyone asks tell 'em the other kid said it'd be fine. :super:

Thanks Batz.

I went to a Mexican place for dinner. I have been craving good Mexican. the food was not good at the place we went to but it did have a good selection of beer (beer on one side of the menu red, white and spirit the other).

Yeah, it's often done. A mate from work bought an LC 3-pint pack last year. Swapped the Bright and the Pale for the DIPA, to give him 3 X DIPA.
Good value, but very dubious practice.

View attachment 59059

So is this the actual glass that's in the box?

That's not the rifling type Malted was talking about and what I hoped to get, it's just an ordinary Hefe glass.

That's not the rifling type Malted was talking about and what I hoped to get, it's just an ordinary Hefe glass.

The glass in the OP (Original Picture in this case) appears to be rifled, YDMV (Your Dan's May Vary). :D

Yes, that's the actual glass from the box, filled with the actual beer from the box. Here it is again, empty this time. It's about 23.5cm tall, 8cm wide at the widest flare towards the top, and about 5.5cm wide at its narrowest point.

IMG_20121206_00151.jpg

Thats rifled for sure...just hard to see in the beer filled picture
If by rifled you mean the slightly angled indentation patterns that run vertically up and down the glass, then yes, it gives it a top quality look/feel.

Got one of these last year. Love the beer & glass. Not so much a fan of the pilsner. Plan to try and score a second glass and will be swapping the pilsner for dunkel if I can ;)

Cheers for clearing that up, will definately get a couple then. Love those riffled glasses.

all these glass offers have been at dans for years ... cept the st frulien - AFAIK, if you can wait and they have stock , they are usually discounted a fair

bit as they reach their sale date, some swap for fresher ones then . I think they are all good value in the first place anyway, the litre/glass can get very

cheap at times, i got one for 9.99 once , mind you it was after i had paid the full wack months earlier, sometimes its hard to wait ! yes the big stein

doesnt get that much use, the half one does though (lowenbrau, great glass) if your a glass lover like me , it can get quite tedious watching , hoping dan
will get some different glass packs but hey , they are a fantastic entry to the wonderful world of beer glasses .

Beware it can get quite addictive searching for that next special beer glass ! you have been warned :lol: it all starts with ... hmm that looks good but i dont really give a fark about the type of glass i use .... next thing you know your all ....

hey bartender can i have it in that glass off your shelf ????

and so it begins

all these glass offers have been at dans for years ... cept the st frulien - AFAIK, if you can wait and they have stock , they are usually discounted a fair

bit as they reach their sale date, some swap for fresher ones then . I think they are all good value in the first place anyway, the litre/glass can get very

cheap at times, i got one for 9.99 once , mind you it was after i had paid the full wack months earlier, sometimes its hard to wait ! yes the big stein

doesnt get that much use, the half one does though (lowenbrau, great glass) if your a glass lover like me , it can get quite tedious watching , hoping dan
will get some different glass packs but hey , they are a fantastic entry to the wonderful world of beer glasses .

Beware it can get quite addictive searching for that next special beer glass ! you have been warned :lol: it all starts with ... hmm that looks good but i dont really give a fark about the type of glass i use .... next thing you know your all ....

and so it begins

No, it all starts with a few years living in Belgium. Next thing you know you have have a massive display cabinet full of beer glasses ;)

They're not the proper glass. They are a straight sided pint glass with a small logo on them as opposed to a proper big logo. I was disapointed with the glass I got from Dan's. I got two from the UK that look like the one pictured below but also have text on the other side. I was expecting the glasses from Dan's to be the same. No reason not to get a glass from Dan's just be aware that it is a small logo.

View attachment 59058

Just bought a couple as I not heading of the UK anytime soon. They good OK to me and will look even better with my Hobgoblin clone in one.
Seems I have to wait until Xmas. :(

and so it begins

I have also found Life Line has a fair range of glasses too!!

Wonder when the St.Feuillien gift box will come back in stock at Dan Murphy's?

Latest posts

Back