Beer Festival @ The Australian

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.DJ.

Reaction score
I'll be going now.. :icon_chickcheers: (see cityrail rant thread!)

who else will be there? what are you looking forward to?

I went last year and had a great day. Redoak was my fav. The Very Special Bitter was BRILLIANT!
Hope they are there again!

I'll be there with a few mates from work. First time for me so looking forward to beer !!!

I will also be there with a mate or two. No idea what will be there really but am looking forward to ///'s Pale. He did mention his attendance when last I saw him.

I went last year and had a great day. Redoak was my fav. The Very Special Bitter was BRILLIANT!
Hope they are there again!

The website says the following

Brewers locked in for the huge weekend include:

McLaren Vale Brewing Company
The Rocks Brewing Company
Schwartz
Lovells
Byron Bay
4 Pines
Fusion Brewing
William Bull
Little Creatures
Matilda Bay
Barons
Snowy Mountains
Akuna
Lion Nathan
Blue Tongue
Outback Brewery
Broo Premium Lager
Stone & Wood

No Redoak. Due to medical reasons I have to pass, Ill be saving my liver for Bitter and Twisted.

The website says the following

Brewers locked in for the huge weekend include:

The Rocks Brewing Company
Stone & Wood

The Rocks Brewing Company :icon_drool2:
Stone & Wood
:icon_drool2: :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Never been before but will be heading down with a bunch of mates this year. Looking forward to it!

Will be there on Saturday at 12 on the dot.

Was a great day last year. Very messy.

Ill be down there on sat, cant wait.

Had a great day last year and was also in a interesting state by late afternoon ;)

Last year was a bit of a shambles, and kind of made me think twice about doing it again.

If I can get a group of mates together, I might attend though...too many of those breweries sound tempting!

Do it! Just do it. I will wear my hawaian shirt if anyone wants to say hi. It is bright yellow, with flowers (obviously). The flowers are mostly white with a bit of blue. Not that I will be accosted (sp) by anyone, but just incase...

ill be there saturday. probably sh!t faced at coopers or matilda bay.

This might be a chance to don my AussieHomeBrewer shirt out in public for the first time!

might bust out my Coopers "sure beats stamp collecting" homebrew shirt for this one

Spent a few hours there yesterday with a few mates. Arrived about 3:30pm. Hard to move due to the crowd but a great few hours of beer tasting. I''d have to say my favorite was Rocks Brewing's Pale Ale. Surprise of the day for me was 4 Pines. I work up at Dee Why a day a week so had read in the local rag when they opened but for some reason never visited. I tried their Pale Ale and Kolsch yesterday and was impressed. They are certainly on the must visit list now.

Finally got sick of the crush so we migrated to the Lord Nelson for a few, then went back to the Australian later for a planned second assault but it looked even busier, so did Redoak, James Squire then Macquarie before heading home. Great afternoon/night. They do need to try and get a bit more room though at the Australian for the festival. If they could block the whole street off it would be great.

Went yesterday around 1pm dressed in my finest AHB shirt. ;) Bumped into a few regulars on the forum, always good to meet folks.

Wasn't too bad when we first got there but the crowds just built up more and more, by 3 it was like a moshpit.

Anyway, my pick of the festival was the Stone & Wood Pale ale...beautiful hoppy APA, would love to see more of that down this way!
Also enjoyed the Rocks Brewing Pale ale and Red...champion blokes there too.

Went yesterday around 1pm dressed in my finest AHB shirt. ;) Bumped into a few regulars on the forum, always good to meet folks.

Wasn't too bad when we first got there but the crowds just built up more and more, by 3 it was like a moshpit.

Anyway, my pick of the festival was the Stone & Wood Pale ale...beautiful hoppy APA, would love to see more of that down this way!
Also enjoyed the Rocks Brewing Pale ale and Red...champion blokes there too.

Haha, you should have been there between 3 and 7 when the girls were serving at the Rocks ;)

rocks was my fav, top blokes, full cup everytime.

Just got back home from serving at the Rocks Brewery tent. Cheers fellas, hope you enjoyed the hospitality. An AHB tee or nickname, and you were assured of a chat and generous serve.

What a great vibe serving great micro brewed beer to an appreciative public. Loved every minute of it, despite the cramps from 16 hours on my feet.

Surprise beer for me was the Vale/Ale from the fellas in the bar next to us. For a winery, they sure make great beer. Subtle and judicious use of NS hops. Also enjoyed the Stone and Wood, White Rabbit, Little Creatures, Red Angus, Schwartz (of course) and a few others. Too busy behind the bar to really take in all the others. Just happy that people seemed to enjoy the Rocks ales.

The rain today was a godsend. Yesterday's crowd was enormous, our taps were almost never closed, just two continuous streams of red and pale ale. Still have a bruise in my palm from the hole punch :)

Congrats to 4 Pines for the People's Choice for their Koelsch!!! Top beer! (should I mention that Scotty and AG brewed both this years peoples' choice winner as well as last years??? nah, their heads are big enough)

Back