Beer Festival - Oct Long Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trev

Reaction score
As some of you might have seen, the Australian Heritage Hotel at the Rocks in Sydney is having their Beer Festival this Saturday and Sunday.

A few of us took part last year and put together a stand, we gave out samples and talked to people about brewing their own etc.

It's on again but for a truckload of reasons including a couple of weeks I spent away, the organsation has suffered (OK - I stuffed up) and I'm short of a helper tomorrow (Saturday).

If any of you have your RSA and can spare me a few hours it would be appreciated. I am hoping to begin set-up at about 10:00am.

It's a non-profit thing (at least for us :( ) but you will get a warm inner glow.

Please PM if interested, and I apologise for the short notice.

Trev

Buuuump!

Obvious all the boys are on the wagon this weekend !
Good luck Trev,cya on Sunday!

Will prob cruise thru 2day on the way from accom to Randwick races.

C youse then.

Seth :p

Good Day Trev

I can help on Sunday (fully booked today). Can bring a few bottles along that went well at Bathurst if you want? Also have a rauchbier that I could bring as a bit of a novelty. Topical at present, I really like it but many don't like the smoked flavour. Let me know and I can get there early and bring the beers if needed.

Barry,

I have one helper already for today (Sunday) but if you are coming in any way then would love to see you (and sample your beers).

Overall we are right for beer, but any specials like your Award winners and the Rauch would be welcomed by quite of few of us we may be very selctive with them to the public :D

Trev

Great to see Barry and Trev on Sunday.

The Rauchbier was spot-on and very drinkable. I also tasted Barry's Wee Heavy. Very nice, too. I gave Barry a few compliments and some feedback on our BJCP group's tasting of his Xmas in July Porter. Hope U didn't think that I was just tanked and yanking your chain, Barry.

Had an excellent weekend. Met quite a few brewers. Got shouted drinks by a few of the guys. I received the offer of some decent beer for my office Christmas party from Barons Brewing (Black Wattle), and a mixed case for the Newcastle lhbs boys to be sent from David@Redoak. Got a cap from Grant of Oxford Brewing in Brissie, and a message to pass to Gough up at Murrays Brewing. Tasted a few special beers, including a limited-run beer which is being matured in a shiraz barrel. Gorgeous velvety Shiraz and clean wood flavour in a luxurious ale. Tasted the old world lager (read California Common) from Steel River, and the Outback brewery Chilli beer which was also quite drinkable.

Too many good beers to mention, and an unhappy few that will not get a mention. :lol:

Congrats to all involved, and thanks to all who looked after me and minded my backpack.
Thanks to all the O/S visitors that had the pleasure of my rants on homebrew and Aussie beers. Big shout to the wacky Victoria, who is a local (of Welsh heritage) and who discussed what she sees in my future and told me of the American Indian's spirit that was standing next to me while I was drinking.

G'night
Seth :p

* edited to correct numerous errors. Context unchanged *

I think I completely missed your stand! Hopefully next time... And yes it was a very good time with heaps of great beer.

I definatley got my moneys worth on Sunday. Learnt a lot just from sampling and talking to the brewers. Enjoyed the sunshine, general chit chat and of course the beer. Look forward to the next one.

Thoroughly enjoyed your "honey blonde" Trev, personally thought it was one of the best beers on the day.

That outback chilli was unexpectedly easy to drink too. Great day out at the Rocks. :beer:

Latest posts

Back